How long will Aerotech hobby line reloadable motor hardware (RMS) last?

I have just purchased some Aerotech RMS hardware. I noticed that the thread engagement is very small on the closures. How long ... How many times can I
reload before the threads fail from fatigue and the motor comes appart? I don't want it to do this inside one of my nice rockets. Anyone have any experience? Or any experts out there that can answer?
Thanks, KT
I have used some 24 mm AT hardware and reloaded them 20-30 times without a failure. Dont over torque them together and make sure yu dont cross thread them. I have also used AT 29 mm 40-120 about the same amount and no problems.
Steve Lubecki

It should last about 101 reuses

My experience is that I can't get 101 reuses out of ANY flight hardware before loss, and my high performance flights have much higher loss rates.

Yep <grin>
By the way Alan, did you ever write a post for a small business blog about shipping costs vs handeing ?
I read it today, but it probably was a different Alan Jones.

I've used by 29/40-120 and 24/40 dozens of times each, and they still look fine. That part of the motor doesn't get very hot, so it shouldn't be having much problem with fatigue.
-- David

--------------
I have them all... got 'em in 1997... still going. Always SUPER clean the threads (I use gun cleaners)... and just be careful when you put 'em together.
HDS
HDS wrote:

WD40 works pretty good too.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

threads (I use

Spit works, and well as a $1 store orange wipe ;)
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 03:36:06 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net wrote:

You'll probably lose it long before it could wear out. I've had and used extentsively my 24/40 and 29/40-120 casings for over a decade.
Regards,
Bob Bernatchez
NAR 29996