Need to change the delay time on Aerotech RMS F52-11T

I have a 2.5 lb rocket that I will be launching with an Aerotech RMS F52-11T. Calculations show it going close to 500 ft. However, the delay is to long and the rocket will get enough speed to pull 32g's when the chute comes out. How can I cut the delay time in half? I know machining out the delay will do it but how much do I need to cut of to reduce delay time by half.

PS, I know using stronger motor would be recommended but I have some F52s already and want to use them.

Thanks for the help KT

Reply to
kimballt

Umm....use them in a lighter rocket?

Reply to
matt vk3zmw

Reply to
Will Marchant

I want to launch this rocket at the local high school foot ball field and don't want it to go 1,000 or 2,000 feet and end up in the trees or homes nearby. So I want to keep it around 500 to 600 feet. My question still stands. How do I change the delay to half the time.

Thanks, KT

Reply to
kimballt

Hi,

do you know what controlled airspace is at the ball field ?

probably is 1200 feet, but could be less if near an airport.

if the rocket goes into controlled airspace you need an FAA NOTAM to launch it at 2.5 pounds.

another reason for a smaller motor for ya

Reply to
Cranny Dane

Complete instructions on legal delay adjustments are on the Aerotech website.

Someone already posted this info.

Did you get it?

Was there something there that you did not understand?

Shecter NAR 20117

Reply to
Fred Shecter

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

I dod not notice the other posting. After you mentioned it I saw it. I will go there and check it out.

Thanks KT

Reply to
kimballt

Excellent.

Good luck.

Aren't those websites great?

Aerotech has done a fantastic job of posting extremely useful information.

;)

-Fred Shecter

Fred Shecter

It was very useful and easy to understand too. Aerotech does do a good job!

Thanks, KT

Reply to
kimballt