What's the story on 24mm RMS?

I've been a BAR since July and have built 4 Estes and 4 Quest kits. I'd like to build an E-F capable rocket in 2004 and so I've been reading RMR and EMRR reviews of kits from LOC, Aerotech, USR, and The Launch Pad, among others.

However, every hobby website I've found has "on backorder" status for the Aerotech 24mm RMS product line. Is there a current source of 24mm RMS equipment anywhere?

Reply to
Rodel Mocket

Aerotech is just now coming back on-line with many of its products. They experienced a fire two years ago, and Aerotech had to rebuild their entire operation from the ground up. 24mm RMS stuff has just recently starting to become available, and what's being produced gets bought up quickly.

Hobbylinc

appears to have some 24mm reloads in stock.

Reply to
BB

Great Lakes Hobbies has E18 reloads with the 4 & 7 second delay:

Performance Hobbies shows 3 different 24mm reolads in stock (E11, E18, & F24):

-- Richard "unseasonably warm weather!!" Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok

Think about building your kit with, say, a 38mm Motor Mount (MMT) that way you can use the Cesaroni Pro38 system, then using adapters drop down to 29mm for many single use and RMS Aerotech, then a different adapter to drop to 24mm. (this adapter is removeable and usable with your entire fleet) PML *may* still carry the adapters, there is usually a vendor at larger launches with them, or you can build your own. The

38mm MMT is not for Estes or low power rockets but are a great way to use the power and ease of use of Pro38s and AT single use. Just something to think about as it makes your rocket so much more versatile .

Welcome back!

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Forgot to leave you with a link

I've never dealt with this vendor but they have the MMA (motor mount adapters) tubes for 38-29 and 29-24mm

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Try magnumrockets.com

Reply to
Gary Wolski

the Pro-XX system is considerably easier to use than the traditional RMS assemblies, and that translates into less prep time (and possibly higher reliability) on the field.

check out my Cesaroni Pro-xx Motor Reference at

the Pro-38 133G69-12A is also the only G RMS that would be unaffected by NPRM 968. This is due to the fact that the single grain G69 is encased in a module, and so cannot be combined with additional grains to assemble a motor containing more than 62.5 g APCP [without deconstruction]. OTOH, AT grains are capable of such reassembly.

for more information on NPRM 968, see

- iz

Chuck Rudy wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Yes, I see the D9-4 and E18-4/7. However, I don't see the 24/40 casing-- although I can probably find that somewhere else.

Mostly I was commenting on the observation the supply from Aerotech seemed to be scarce, and from what I've seen Aerotech is the only line carried by the mainstream shops (Tower, Hobbylinc, A2Z, etc.)

Also, I was under the impression that one of the motivations behind RMS over SU was cost per flight (after a certain threshold). The Aerotech D9-4 is ~$9 for a 3 pack of reloads. The Estes D12-3/5/7 is ~$7. I know that's *not* an apples-to-apples comparison, but I'm guessing the cost savings is more pronounced on >G motors.

I've taken the first step-- I built a new launch pad this weekend (very similar to

with a

3/16" rod. Now all I need is the rocket and engine to go with it ;)
Reply to
Rodel Mocket

For those whining about errortech not bringing back THEIR favorite item fast enough I have a suggestion.

VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLARS.

Send them a $1000 advance pay order for the ONE item you want back and get a whole bunch of copies of the EXACT SAME THING.

Don't need them all? Ebay and ROL auctions.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine