Aerotech 24mm X 96mm RMS?

Hi,

Anyone know if Aerotech is considering an RMS system based on this size? Reason I ask is I had a large model that flew fine to about 900' on the F21-6 but eventually crashed when I messed up on the parachute packing. (Don't ask) Being a BAR I did a good construction job but did everything the hard way. I slathered 4 coats of bondo on the sanded bare body tubes. Had to sand like crazy between coats. I fiberglassed balsa fins where I just should have used plywood. I had a complex stenciled paint job with no stickers and decals. I am now reprising the model and am going to have a bit of a time trying to get it to the ideal weight of 540 grams. I quasi glassed it and have to sand off some of the Environ-Tex lite epoxy coat to try to get it to the appropriate weight. It is partially finished with the

24mm engine mount in, fins mounted and epoxy fillets in place. It is actually a bashed Estes Mean Machine with larger fins so I can paint it in an American flag motif. This time I had a stencil cutter so vinyl stars so no more stenciling the stars for paint! Now if Aerotech had an RMS 24mm X 96mm engine coming down the pike I'd have more engine choices to get this beast up a bit higher. As an aside, I liked the model so much, I am building a version with LOC 2.51" tubes for 29mm that will take up to an I motor so I won't need to worry about power there. :)

Kurt Savegnago

Reply to
Kurt

Kurt, does it have to be RMS? Aerotech made single use G55s which are old and difficult to find but would suit your rocket I think ...

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner

Ellis Mnt. makes a G37 in 24mm single use.

Dennis

Reply to
D&JWatkins

Thanks for the replies,

An RMS system would be more economical although if someone made a certified single use 24mm X 96mm SU package that would be fine by me.

AKS

Kurt wrote:

Reply to
Kurt