24mm Aerotech SU motors

Will the 24mm aerotech SU motors fit in regular estes D engine type motor mounts ? I looked around the internet ...but couldn't find a definitive answer...the aerotech motors are 70mm long just as the estes D motors, but will they be fine in a rocket with an estes type engine hook and engine block?

Thanks!

-Vishal

Reply to
Vishal

If you used the standard Estes engine clip it will scrape against the AT FWD delay closure. Not a big problem. Your just gonna mark up your case.

In the future just sand down the upper thrust tab of the clip when building your new 24mm powered estes rockets.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Summers

Not on an SU... just the RMS case.

Correct-a-mundo. Or, an Estes "E" motor hook, in combination with a cardboard spacer (fits perfectly around the delay well of a 24/40 RMS) works very nicely too. The only two kits I've seen with this "system" included have been the Merc Atlas, and the Phoenix.

tah

Reply to
hiltyt