Hybrid Question

I will be foaming the fincan of my next rocket where the vent tube will be located. I do not want to run a tube straight out as I am afraid the seal will not be good and I will have foam everywhere. Would it be alright if I used 3/8" silicone tube and ran it down and vented it out the aft end of the rocket?

Reply to
Stephen

Stephen,

I've just built a hybrid-sized spare fincan for my Eclips (54mm MMT in a

3.9" BT). I foamed the fincan, then measured exactly where the vent tube should be, marked it, and drilled a 5.5mm hole straight through the BT, foam & MMT exactly halfway between the fins. I then measured & cut a piece of 5mm brass tube o that it was just shy of the inside surface of the MMT and the outside of the BT, and epoxied it in place, sealing the small gap round the outside edge at the same time. This will allow enough space to fit the vent tubing, and will ensure it's got a straight, unobstructed path between the outside world & the vent on the bell.

HTH

G.

Reply to
Graham