Igniters for F & G clusters

I have several rockets with clustered 29mm motor mounts, which I like to launch with (for example) one H128 & two G38. I used to use "Fire in the Hole" igniters for this, and they worked wonderfully, first time, every time.

However, now that they're no longer available, I'm having an terrible time with these rockets; I've had at least three launches where the smaller F or G motors didn't ignite with the igniters I was using (homemade nichrome wire-wrapped, then dipped in pyrogen). I always use a multimeter to test the igniters after I've put them in place, since I've had previously tested igniters "short out" after being pushed into some of the smaller nozzles. I've tried using DaveyFire igniters, but those won't fit into the smaller F or G nozzles even without an additional coating of pyrogen...

Are there any other igniters which will fit the smaller F/G nozzles and which will ignite reliably for clusters??

Ric T. snipped-for-privacy@sct.org

Reply to
Ric T.

Have you ever considered Magnelite?