JC clarifies 'compliance'

Let's try to get something straight here --- S T R A I G H T.

I dunno what's got into Ray (and those others who seem to be snookered by his emotionalism) -- well, I guess it isn't too hard to figure out what's got into him, but...

I have NO concerns about HPR - as presently practiced and under the umbrella of NFPA 1127. Everything looks hunky dory. The only (repeat only) issue as concerns HPR is conducting those operations with fraudulently certified motors - which, by violating the Safety Code, bylaws and many state laws - nullifies the insurance. That means the landowner is assuming he's protected when he's not -- and any launch organizer who conducts such a launch WHEN THERE IS REASONABLE DOUBT as to the veracity of the information he is relying on is acting in a way I would characterize as unethical. If, on the other hand, HE HAS KNOWLEDGE that there is falsehood and fraud, it is immoral.

As to EX - I've stated numerous times that any person in this hobby can do whatever he wants in the research, design, fabrication and manufacture of 'propulsive systems' (as broad a term as I can see) - to whatever degree he so chooses. IF, in the pursuit of that endeavor, he engages in activities - or relys on representations - as to the legality and protections in force for those individuals who are NOT informed as to the risks they may be assuming - meaning here, mostly, those self-same landowners, then these EXers are acting unethically and should curtail their activities until the situation is changed (to PROVIDE that protection to those landowners). This could mean not doing it - or moving to a locale that assures greater protections.

If deceit and misrepresentation are involved (as I have seen far too many times) to engage in this activity - IN PARTICULAR, allowing (in any case, to any degree) an image to form in the landowner's mind that he is, indeed, protected when it is clear that he is not - then I judge that kind of behavior as immoral and it should cease post haste.

The bottom line in ALL of this is that landowner (and the public) -- IS HE PROTECTED?? This hobby has got itself a seedy and unprofessional image in that it has a *culture* of failing to be sufficiently forthcoming with making damn sure that landowner (and his interests) rank FIRST and the needs of the hobbyists come (way?) down the 'priority scale' (as to needs and wants). This is in great measure the basis of almost all of my 'problems' with the hobby - as it is presently practiced. TRA bears (and deserves) a great deal of the blame for this image - and it is simple to me: clean up or get out. Sadly, the NAR has shown that it, too, can 'wink and nod' and turn the other way and let unprofessionalism and deceit be the orders of the day. To them, I say the same thing: clean up or get out. You are acting like a deceitful little child that will come up with *any* excuse when caught with your hand in the 'cookie jar' (I've seen this for decades on the construction site). Grow up!

But, the absolute bottom line is not '100% compliance' - it's "stop lying". If that landowner thinks he's 'protected', you guys better make damn sure he is. 100%? I'll settle for 95% - but won't compromise much below that.

Ray - chill out on this 'john hates rocketry' bent you're on. You (and your friends - TRA or not) can do whatever you want. If you must lie to do it (and let that landowner think something other than the reality he faces), however - then I am *not* your friend - and you *won't* like my response to it. That won't change, either.

Now, for those who like to throw up any 'past mistakes' - made by me or others - this position (stated above) is the one I hold *on this day* - and much of that position is simply a 'firming' and 'clarity' that has formed over the last 15 years or so. I'm not perfect - nor have I been 'perfect'. I *do* however, continually review and reassess things - and factor in the knowledge and experience that growth entails. Growth involves change. "We've always done it this way," is the antithesis of growth and a weak rationalization (and rationalization is ALL that it is). Be a child or be an adult - you decide.

Somebody PLEASE post this.

-- john.

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Now that was actually a reasonable response!

Is there a list of motors on the cert list that are questionable?

FWIW, I'm not a lawyer but I would th> I have NO concerns about HPR - as presently practiced and under the

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Exactly.

A letter from the TRA TMT chairman declaring he has OBSERVED fraud is indeed powerful evidence.

Especially from a man whose career is highly dependent on his opinions being taken as elements of legal compliance and his signature has legal weight. As an architect all of these things are true, hence why he has to be licensed, certified and maintain those through ongoing training.

Repost of Cato's words this week:

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Boy, the wording is just like John's. Are you sure this isn't Cato?

Maybe not, for he knows any questionable motors rolled of the list (read expired certification) over two years ago.

The quest was for the tape in Darrel's possession, which he certainly was not to to give up to John.

But it's all pretty much old history now.

All that garbage is why I just watch the newsgroups > Let's try to get something straight here --- S T R A I G H T.

Reply to
Christopher Cox

John Cato's puppet posted:

Translation: "Forget everything I said before about it being illegal -- I changed my mind!"

Translation: "Wait! I mean, it's still illegal when TRA does it! Or immoral! Or unethical, whatever! 'Cause I said so!"

Translation: "I am the sole arbiter of what constitutes deceit and misrepresentation. If you disagree with ME, you are engaging in deceit and misrepresentation. Further, I am the sole arbiter of what your insurance actually covers. When the insurance company disagrees with ME, they are wrong!"

Translation: "Obey me and maybe I'll stop publicly trashing your hobby!"

Translation: "When you do something I don't like it's illegal, immoral and unethical, and I won't accept ANY excuses or cut you any slack! But when I do the same things... hey, I'm not perfect! Gimme a break!"

Reply to
RayDunakin

yes, that's JC speaking. I neglected to include a preamble, but that's his sig on the bottom.

and very well said, IMO

- iz

Christ> Boy, the word (JC's message snipped)

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

I think its best I ignore irrational posts from you

- iz

RayDunak> a fanciful interpretation of John Cato's serious treatment of the issue

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Izzy,

Could you please clarify when you are posting old J.H.C. posts (from what source/year), and whether you are passing on newly written messages that J.H.C. is writing to be posted to RMR (and maybe elsewhere)?

- George Gassaway

Reply to
GCGassaway

the posts I have made to the threads:

JC, TRA and the future of rocketry JC, TRA and the mystery of the changed bylaws JC clarifies 'complaince'

or any other recent threads are all current coorespondence from JC.

I do not recall making any other JC posts in the recent past

- iz

GCGassaway wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Ok, I'll let you know if I make any. ;)

Reply to
RayDunakin

Indeed,

I does not apply anymore.

It has not for years.

Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed wrote:

Reply to
Christopher Cox

I agree with George!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Nope he said HPR, NOT HPR as implemented by NFPA listed AHJ TRA, or, HPR as implemented by NFPA listed AHJ NAR.

Only the GENERAL CASE.

Essentially yes indeedy-do.

NO. He is asserting criterion on which anyone can judge, or more often, reminding you of criterion already published and agreed to by TRA and NAR which they are objectively not following.

NO. He is asserting criterion on which anyone can judge, or more often, reminding you of criterion already published and agreed to by TRA and NAR which they are objectively not following.

And your repetitious logical bereaks and outright lies are indeed telling about your own predisposition and mental state.

NO. He is asserting criterion on which anyone can judge, or more often, reminding you of criterion already published and agreed to by TRA and NAR which they are objectively not following.

And your repetitious logical bereaks and outright lies are indeed telling about your own predisposition and mental state.

(again).

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

de·lu·sion    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (d-lzhn) n.

  1. a. The act or process of deluding. b. The state of being deluded.
  2. A false belief or opinion: labored under the delusion that success was at hand.
  3. Psychiatry. A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness: delusions of persecution.

See #3 Ray.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry Irvine wrote in news:01rocket- snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

[etc.]

I see Jerry's got a new rubber stamp...

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

27 CFR 555.141-a-8

:)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Stop the presses!!!! Stop the presses!!!! Jerry agrees with George. It's the end of the world, cats and dogs lying down together, truly apocalyptic stuff is taking place here. ;-)

Mark Simps> >

Reply to
Mark Simpson

Point. I was thinking the same thing.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Maybe. But you'd still better not cross the streams. It would be bad.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

This thread amuses me. I loved that movie BTW.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine