Kalipornia is going to the dogs.

I'm going to call a spade a spade. Gov. Davis and the democrats in the state assembly are traitors! In an effort to win the vote of P.A.C.s run by a minority group of racist Latinos, Davis and the assembly democrats drafted and passed a bill that now offers a California drivers license to anyone who can pass the test, including illegal aliens. The Latino lobby makes no bones about this blatant attempt to legitimize illegal immigration from Mexico. Today, Mexico went even one step farther and called upon George Bush to grant legal status to all Mexicans residing within the borders of the United States.

Davis twice vetoed the license bill claiming it was bad law to offer a legal document to those openly engaged in criminal trespass. Today however, he proudly signed the bill. One can only gather from this that Davis is openly and unabashedly courting the Latino vote. For any of you who have had the opportunity to drive down Van Nuys Blvd in the San Fernando Valley or by chance have walked the streets of Echo park or Elysian Hills, you know that much of LA has already been transformed into the "Turd" world. The smell of urine, feces, garbage and stank cooking grease permeates the air. Our county public hospitals, our public schools, even our jails are filled to capacity with these poor, ignorant economic refugees. They can be educated and they can be acculturated but it takes time and money. The government has to control immigration or we risk the collapse of our elevated living standard. American Latinos must wake up and see that the pie can only be sliced so thin... Jackie Goldberg, Gray Davis, Cruz Bustamonte and the rest of the state's democrats have sold California to Mexico. They are traitors and self-seeking servants of no one but their own greed. Illegals (and terrorists) can now get genuine California I.D. without even the slightest background check or finger print examination but you can't smoke a cigar in Santa Monica park and no county park in LA will issue a permit for rocketry. This place really is a nut house.

Reply to
Reece Talley

For the rest of you on rmr who are not in Kalifornia, what added insult to injury is that Davis' office issued press releases about signing the bill to all the Spanish-language media, but not to the English-language media...

Does the rest of the country still wonder about why we're having a recall?

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

No, we in Alabama just want to get in on it. We don't have that option available right now. ; (

Randy

Reply to
Randy

I don't there's a checkbox that says: I'm a illegal alien on the drivers license application..... shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Yes except that the law specifically forbids handing over any such information to the federal immigration authorities. LA PD policy is similar. Officers are never under any circumstances to inquire into one's legal residency nor are they permitted to hand prisoners over to the INS unless the INS first requests that they do so.

Reply to
Reece Talley

Welcome to the PRK. Now it is clearer why our recall vote not only happened, but will likely succeed? Now it is clear why a total outsider, an actor no less, is the front running candidate?

Based on what you have seen lately with PRK, ATF and others it is a wonder our governments get anything done at all. I guess having a huge abundance of our money to cover up their incompetence helps alot.

These folks are the ones education our children BTW.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

And for some strange reason, other states/school systems jump on their bandwagon and implement new teaching strategies and philosophies that come from the PRK. Of course, by the time it's in full swing here, Kalipornia has already realized the new stuff is a bunch of crap and has dropped it for some other hairbrained scheme...while we are forced keep plugging along with it. :(

tim

Reply to
tim

I note that the Feds are now calling for the same "standards-based" scheme (in which the "good school" is _defined_ as the ones whose students know the right answers on the Offical Tests) that has served California so badly for so many years.

(It doesn't matter what the kids are learnung - if the Test Scores are not up to spec, the government is mandated to put the school in various sorts of trouble. The result is administrative pressure on the teachers to "teach the test" above all else.)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

I have seen this bureaucratic polloution from California all over the place. In Australia, Ohio, Missouri, Virginia. It is a sick sad world that "leaders" are so myopic that they cannot think for themselves to solve local problems so they import badly invisioned solutions from other places that have proven counterproductive.

Last I checked we are spending more than ever for "education" in CA and terst scores are lower, behavior is far worse, schools are acting as surrogate police and actually HELPING to fill the jails.

In Ca we have a 4 tier education system.

Private schools with about a 80% average graduation to college rate.

Public schools with about a 35% grad to college rate and a 30% dropout rate. Plus about 5% go to jail FROM high school.

Public continuation schools with about a 5% grad to college rate, a 30% dropout rate and about a 20% go to jail FROM high school.

Juvinile Hall (juvie). About a 15% GED rate, a less than 1% grad to college rate, and about a 60% recevitism rate. College for illegal college graduation rate: 100%.

And nobody is willing to change it.

ESPECIALLY the most Liberal of Democrats, the unions and the prison guard union, one of the most powerful in any state.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Several years legal residence, pass a writen/oral test, swear an oath. Still, there are those who think it should be handed out like welfare. Or with welfare.

Bob Kaplow

"Reece Talley" wrote in news:TOd6b.824$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Without secure borders,you really do not have a country. There's also a Mexican group called MEChA that calls for the return of 'Aztlan'(entire Southwest US) to Mexico,by way of illegal immigration. Cruz Bustamante was a member of this group,but the media has been very quiet on this,and he refuses to repudiate his earlier support for MEChA.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

the notorious t-e-d wrote in news:3f59702d$0$42057$ snipped-for-privacy@newsreader.visi.com:

Actually,Comrade Klinton made it easier.Dropped some requirements,relaxed the medical part,too.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Sounds like it hasn't changed at all. Maybe I'm naive but can anyone answer me why illegal immigrants are not becoming citizens? Hell, I did it, but then again I was way young when I moved here.

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

You left out the growing number of "home schooling" that is taking place. These kids seem to be the ones who are winning the spelling bees, geography contests, etc.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

For one, most of the immigrants around here are Mexicans, not asians or europeans or east europeans. They are not American citizen wannabees. They are proud Mwxican citizens coming here to work, receive social services, pay on average $1400 per year in taxes, and send all the money back home. They live in communes or group homes such that it is common to see 8 males inhabiting a single 3 bedroon home.

They purchase travel from here after they buy sufficient documents to go back and forth without question.

These are jetset aliens.

The ones who have become citizens complain how difficult each stage of the process is and how bureaucratic every element of paperwork is. It's the government, right?

Ask yourself this. If people regularly pay $5000 to $10000 just to be smuggled IN to the USA, what are they getting or doing once they get here? Furthermore if a government bureaucracy is doing such a poor job of processing citizenship requests the government itself has already approved, how about they let ME process those aplications of the folks willing to pay $5000-$10000 to speed it up from 7 years to one.

Jerry

Hell, I did

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It has worked.

The media here was not quiet about it. First they assailed him on the basis of the actual positions of the group, then the spinmeisters got into it and said hey, he just joined a club, right of passage, etc.

Nevermind he espouses and espoused the specific tennets then and at many times between then and now. The Assistant Governor does not do much. So one of the few things he did do for the past couple of years was support this group he now distances himself from and whose tennets have not changed.

Overthrow of the government of the United States by unconventional means.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Home school is a lone ranger version of private school. And you KNOW how I feel about lone rangers.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry Irvine wrote in news:01rocket- snipped-for-privacy@news.verizon.net:

Personally,I'd cut immigration to almost nil. There's a limit on how many people of the world we can absorb in the US. We can't and shouldn't take everyone who wants to come here,regardless of what troubles their home country is in.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I don't think ILLEGAL immagrants CAN become citizens. You've got to be here legally for a certain number of years in order to do so. But there's no requirement to do so if you've been here that long. Plenty f folks come here, stay here, live the rest of their lives here, but remain citizens of their home countries. Nothing wrong with that. Just don't try to run our country while you're here...

Bob Kaplow

The point is legal or not, you are entitled to some state and county benefits regardless. (emergency medical, food stamps, prenatal care, etc.)

What just changed this week is one can also get a state ID card, a drivers license, a state mandated liability insurance policy (which essentially no illegals bothered with) and while driving $500 cars which are plentiful in CA.

On the one hand it sets an interesting and totally indefensible precident. On the other hand it does solve a practical problem. Some percentage more illegal aliens will, in theory, now buy auto insurance.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine