Kudos to Matt @ Rail Buttons dot Com

Just a note to say I am very pleased with the service received. Placed the order on Wednesday morning, and they buttons were in my mail box this afternoon. It is a real shame that all vendors, in any field, don't provide such service to their customers. Now, to install a pair on my L3 bird for XPRS! Keep up the good work, Matt!!!

-- James L. Marino SAS, SARG, LUNAR, TCC, AEROPAC, NAR #75764 L2 TRA #9489 L2 AMA #761674

"Ban light pollution, not rocket motors."

Reply to
James L. Marino

Matt has done me right so many times that even a paramour offered to return him the "favor".

Truth be told...

James L. Mar> Just a note to say I am very pleased with the service received.

Reply to
Gene Costanza

Jerry, You amaze me, how you can take any and every post and turn it around to be ?All about Jerry'. Even this posting, which has nothing to do with you, a thank you to a vendor for doing a good job. You hijack it and make it about you and your triad against TRA/NAR, amazing life must really be all about Jerry and I just missed it.

I have been reading posts on this board for several years now and I get great humor from you posts so I guess you do have some redeeming value. However, for a along time I have known that you have had some sort of psychological disorder but with this posting I think I finally have it.

Inflated Self-Esteem ? I may be slow here, as I am sure that many others have figured it out long before me. Let me show you why I think that this disorder is it.

This is the definition of inflated self-esteem ? Lets see if it fits. Inflated self-esteem is a disorder, which causes problems resulting in an individual taking on "offender" characteristics and/or becoming defensive quickly as a result of years of invalidation.

Whoa, talk about hitting the nail on the head. Here in this post we see Jerry the taking on the "offender" characteristics and becoming very defensive of something that was not even the subject of the post but a subject that is near and dear to Jerry's heart his years of invalidation.

Let's see if we see any of the other symptoms of Inflated Self-Esteem.

Decreased need for sleep Yep, we have that one, how else could Jerry spend so much time posting to this group. Agitation Well not every post but every other post Jerry gets agitated.

More talkative than usual or pressure to keep talking I have never heard him talk, in person but I bet is much the same as his endless postings on his favorite subject, Poor little old Jerry. Increased purposeless activity (e.g., pacing, hand wringing) How about endless never ceasing over-posting to newsgroups, there is a purposeless activity

Extreme restlessness weight gain (unintentional) Don't know on this one, anyone?

Poor temper control Hum, maybe, certainly if Chris or Bob are mentioned.

Excessively irresponsible behavior pattern We can see this in the fact that he will not get the proper paper work to get his motors certified. Irresponsible and irrational behavior for someone who wants to be in the rocket motor business.

Increased goal-directed social or sexual activity I don't want to know

Impaired excessive involvement in pleasurable activities with high potential for painful consequences false beliefs (delusions) Delusions, how about delusions of grandeur. Jerry claims to have invented just about everything in HPR from the nose cones to the tail fins.

Hallucinations Well, after reading his postings I am sure that he is hallucinating and I don't think the man is doing drugs. Just in dire need of a good psychotherapist

Hey, all that it is missing is dash of paranoia and we have ?Just Jerry' in a neat little bundle.

Scott Pearson

Reply to
Scott

In article , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Scott) wrote (whined) :

I said allegedly thinking "only about me":

Or you just missed the point. That it REALLY IS about the 40 or so vendors chased away from rocketry by TRA. Yes they focused more energy on me than most by a very large degree, but I refuse to go away. The others turned tail and ran for the hills (perhaps wiser, eh) and went back to their real jobs.

The rub? This IS my real job.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Scott, nice post. One question, though, of a technical nature. Is there any other kind of ego besides "self ego"? I would think that your title was somewhat redundant; I'm sure that Jerry would agree, after all, it is ALL about him. >;-)

Mark Simpson

Scott,

Thanks for putting this up. I never saw Jerry's post. (Can you say "filter"? I knew you could.) Gave me a good laugh. Jerry has "issues". That's why I don't receive his posts.

James

Reply to
James L. Marino

Original reply:

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Sorry, I did not book make my web pages that I got the references from but there is a psychological disorder the is refered to as either Inflated Self Ego and or Inflated Self Esteem. The two terms are used inter changeabley on the the sites that I read. Also closly releated are Narcissistic tendancies, see below for a definition.

which I got from the following site.

The DSM-IV Diagnostic Criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder are:

A. A pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, lack of empathy, as indicated by at least five of:

  1. a grandiose sense of self-importance
  2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
  3. believes that he or she is "special" and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
  4. requires excessive admiration
  5. has a sense of entitlement, ie unreasonable expectations of especially favourable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
  6. is interpersonally exploitative, ie takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
  7. lacks empathy and is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
  8. is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
  9. shows arrogant, haughty behaviours or attitudes

Reply to
Scott

to some degree.

no

no

obviously not :)

obviously not :)

yes, but only if you volunteer and agree!

Definitely not.

Probably not a strong one here.

Of course!

It's a joke man!