Club: Reno, NV?

I'm getting back into this awesome hobby and was wondering if anyone in this NG knew of any model rocket clubs in Northern, Nevada?

I know there are a few Bay Area clubs that launch in the Black Rock Desert according to my local hobby shop, but they were unaware of any local clubs.

TIA, - Jeff

Reply to
Mail

AeroPac. The number one rocketry club in the world. No question about it. No brag, just fact. Not meaning to dis other clubs... Just my (not so) humble opinion. 100K waiver, and 500 square miles of absolutely open recovery area. This place is so big and open, you can see the curvature of the Earth. When was the last time you attended a launch where they gave you free K700's and M1419's? Check out the AeroPac ARLISS program. Google it. When have you attended a launch, in the middle of the desert, with a pot-luck at the end of the day, where they serve up ice cream and margaritas with everything else? AeroPac!

James L. Marino SAS, LUNAR, TCC, AEROPAC, NAR #75764 L3 TRA #9489 L3

(@ @)

--o00-(_)-00o--- Will Work for AP

"Mail" wrote in message news:0pHAe.1250$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
James L. Marino

Jeff, I don't know of any local clubs in the Reno area. AeroPac has about 10 or more active members in the Reno, Sparks, Fernley, Carson City area. You can drop me an e-mail and I can pass it along. Or you can come out to one of our launchs.

Aeronaut Aug 5-7th XPRS Sept 23-26th

Alcocer AeroPac

Reply to
Tony

According to the membership form you MUST adhere to TRIPOLI rules at their launches.

I guess that means no excommunicated members can "just fly rockets", eh?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Roktluver