Somewhere to shoot off a few in South SF Bay Area or Penninsula?

We're looking for a place in the SF Bay Area (preferably South Bay or Peninsula) to spend an hour or so shooting off a few Estes model rockets. We used to do it at Mountain View Shoreline Park as kids, but based on another thread I saw from last May, that's seemingly no longer allowed. It's only a few of us, and it would be one time only, so I'd rather not go through too much hassle getting permission and so on from various people / agencies. I also don't want to cause any fire problems and want to have a large enough area, so I'm not going to sneak in someplace without permission.

I'm wondering if maybe a local rocket club wouldn't mind us tagging along and joining them one day?

Any suggestions? (Thanks in advance!)

[I specified a distribution of "ba", so hopefully you won't be reading this if you live outside the SF Bay Area...]
Reply to
Taed Wynnell

baynar is the club you want.

California Space Rocket Science Club (CSRSC) #617

Roger J. Evans 608 Pioneer Drive Santa Maria CA 93454 (805) 928-6802

Livermore Unit of the NAR (LUNAR) #534

Jack Hagerty 785 Jefferson Avenue Livermore CA 94550 (925) 455-1143

Launches: Third Saturday each month at Robertson Park practice field, at the whim of the landowner. Check web page for latest schedule.

San Francisco Bay Area NAR (BAYNAR) #359

Louis Dick 6273 Paso Los Cerritos San Jose CA 95120 (408) 268-6071

Pioneer Rocketry and Space Group (PRSG) #631

William D. Lewis 469 Heatherbray Court San Jose CA 95136 (408) 267-1915

Sacramento Area Rocketry Group (SARG) #557

Jeff Proschold 4375 Batt Drive Sacramento CA 95838 (916) 927-2216

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Well, it spun all the way out to Ohio. No ocean here, but I have this really huge lake called "Erie" just about an hour north of me...

JOOC, are distributions even honored by servers anymore? It has to be at least 10 years since I've had to deal with that issue.

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Is it still a lake if you can walk on it?

Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet

"X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."

Reply to
Mario Perdue

With Lake Erie that could be true even in the summertime!

:-)

Reply to
Mark Johnson

No, no, no, you guys you're thinking of the Cuyahoga river!

I was just up there last Friday night, and it looks pretty spiffy. Used to be that the Browns, and the Indians were the only things burning on the banks of the Cuyahoga, but unfortunately this year things are only smoldering..

Erie's almost absurdly clean now due to the fact that it became "infected" with Zebra Mussels from somewhere overseas. The water clarity is actually beginning to inhibit many of the indigenous species. Still have some heavy metals down there in the sediments tho'. Probably won't see those go away for 25K years, or so...

Maybe we *can* walk on it this winter (if we have a "normal" one). Can you say "bigass rocket range"?

tah

Reply to
hiltyt