new small aircraft class created by FAA and new RTF planes for 50K+ offered for sale

In this months issue of Popular Mechanics,
the FAA is issuing a new drivers license like pilots license for a new
set of small 50k like airplanes. small ready to fly airplanes for 50k.
get your license in 20 hours of study and some flight.
their quote when asked about terror uses, "the FAA considers the risk
from small aircraft to be very minimal and a reasonable risk"
ok, then the risk from rockets is even smaller, what the heck is going
on here ? (stronger words deleted while I hit the roof)
One one hand, the Batfe clamps down on hobby rockets, and the FAA open
up RTF 50k suv like airplanes ready to fly for the money.
this is crazy, not the small airplanes, those are just fine; but the
clamping down on hobby rockets. Someone somewhere pissed somebody off.
guess I'm going to get a second 30 year on the house and buy a RTF
small plane. I can't spend the money after I'm gone I figure.
Reply to
AlMax714
Sssshhh...don't tell Senator Lautenberg
Reply to
Mark Johnson
Mmmm a 20 hour pilots license sounds like the "WRECKREATIONAL" license
BTW your comment on "Someone somewhere pissed somebody off" is right on target... we are so small and trouble free some idiot had to go to great lengths to get us this hi up on the ATFE's radar screen. Any idea who it was? we can book him a ride with a 20 hour pilot with a WRECKREATIONAL license.
Bobby B
Reply to
bobbyb
Steve, I just checked PM online and found this: the Light Sport Airplane initiative and the Sport Pilot license structure.
I do have the new magazine, and it has 20 new RTF planes in it for the new light sport airplane class.
ArtU
Reply to
Art Upton
Absolutely and I have already posted it with some proof, but not all :)
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Hey Chad,
Launching hobby rockets from planes is truly fun :)
Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if you tried.
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Rob, I don't even want to ask...