Whitworth source in SF Bay Area?

Hi, all.

Does anyone know of a local source for BSW Whitworth bolts? I need two

1/2" x 4.5" (by 12tpi). I'm modifying the pedal lyre on an Asian-built piano (from Korea, I believe) and they have confounded my otherwise slicko plans! I would very much appreciate any pointers. Thanks in advance.

-Mark

Reply to
Mark Schecter

Check your phone book for bike shops that deal in British bikes or British cars. Prior to 1969 or so, they were pretty much all Whitworth, after which, they became a hodge podge of Whit and Unified bolts.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Trevor,

Thanks for the suggestion. If I don't find a stockist, I'll beat the bushes for die-hard Britophiles.

-Mark

Trevor J> Mark Schecter wrote:

Reply to
Mark Schecter

--1-800-SB-BOLTS; they're in the Santa Barbara area but they can UPS in one day..

Reply to
steamer

Thanks, steamer. I'll check em out.

-Mark