WHERE OH WHERE???

Hey,

My kids and I just got bit by this model rocketry bug. Does anyone know of a location within a few hours of the Bay Area in Ca that launches the "larger" size rockets? We've "successfully" launched three rockets at a park in our town, and we QUICKLY learned that a "C" size engine will make a small 12" rocket permanently dissappear. (OOOPS) I think this is the great hobby for a dad and his kids. My boys (14 and 7) are hooked. We have a complete checklist we go through before our flights and rotate "launch" duties so everyone gets a turn.

I would LOVE to take them to view launches by some more experienced rocketeers.

Any help would be appreciated.

David

Reply to
David

Try LUNAR -

- local NAR club launching at Robertson Park in Livermore.

Next launch is this coming weekend IIRC.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Yes, the LUNAR launch is this Saturday. We haven't launched for awhile so everyone is hoping that the weather co-operates. Be sure to check the status message on phone line. And be sure to bring rockets to launch! Everyone is welcome.

You'll see a wide range of rockets... and rocketeers...

Cheers, Craig

Craig R. Saunders, crs at MaxThrust.net,

News and Information for model rockets and high-power rocketry

Reply to
Craig R. Saunders