Lautenberg-who gives a &%$# about you, response to e-mail

Lautenberg E-mail response:

Thank you for contacting me. Due to the volume of e-mails, I can only respond to constituents with New Jersey mailing addresses. If you need further assistance, please contact the Senator from your home state.

Thank you

===================== What a loser, in other words...I could careless about you since you can't vote for me, who gives a &%#* about what Americans outside my state think even though that's who I'm trying to screw by grandstanding.

-Boomer

Reply to
Boomer

Write back. Remind him that you still have friends/relatives in NY and NJ, and you will be contacting every one of them to make sure that they tell all their friends about how unprincipled Lautenberg & Schumer are, and how they were mislead into making fools of themselves by a letter from the DoJ that contained outright falsehoods.

Then contact your friends and relatives in those states and start the ball rolling. I'll be talking with my sisters and mother in NY later this week. I'll ask that they tell their friends, and so on.

Reply to
Anonymous

Don't waste your time. Lautenberg, the fine Senator from my state of New Jersey, is an old line major gun control liberal democrat. He is around 80 years old gazillion term ex-senator who was hauled out of retirement to run in place of the democrat's candidate who withdrew due to a scandal. He actually sent a detailed response to earlier letters/faxes that stated that he pretty much would vote in line with the ATF's policies regardless of what we said. I kind of wished at the time that I had gotten one of the non-committal responses that many of you got from your senators. He is, I believe, one of the reasons why New Jersey has the tightest gun laws in the nation. While I'm no politician or lobbyist, the money says he's not going to budge. Art T South Jersey Area Rocketry Society NAR# 34201 L1

Reply to
SirWmOsler

It won't hurt to send him a hundred few emails to remind him of the opposition.

Randy

Reply to
Stephen DeArman

He has spam filters, like everyone. If it's not the right state, BAM, can'd response.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

More to the point, send an actual letter instead of email. Email is a lot easier to ignore without ever being read.

Reply to
RayDunakin

The only problem with that is that a regular paper letter can take up to

3-4 weeks to make it to the proper office. They are still shipping it around, scanning it, irradiating it, and generally delaying it.

For anything time-sensitive, paper mail is completely useless.

Send a FAX instead.

Reply to
Anonymous

And you are suprised?

KMJK

Reply to
Karl Martin Joseph Kowert

nation.

Well, at least you live in a constant state of peace and quiet with no gun crime being committed.

Yes, that's sarcasam, Steve

Reply to
default

You are correct, a fax is indeed the best approach.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Aloha Ray, You are correct. People should be letting their local branch of Lautenbergs party know their thoughts on this. This is not an issue for us to argue Dems vs Reps. Lautenberg is a Dem, we need to call out local Dems headquarters.

Take Care, Larry

Reply to
AkaZilla

Make sure he knows you'll be actively campaigning for his opposition.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Binford

I also sent an email to Lautenberg and received the out of state reply. I replied that I know many people in his state and I WILL be contacting them about voting for someone else in the next election and about making contibutions to anyone who runs against him. He will be defeated soon.

Karl Perry QUARK, Cincinnati, OH

Reply to
KG8GC

Sounds like it's time to move those east coast launches and their local revenue generation out of NY and NJ.

Bob Kaplow

My experience is some members of the MDRA board who influence launches in the region have one position in private and a totally different position in public.

If the same is the case with the clubs in NY and with the recent club split drama there one can likely expect it, we should expect a series of the WRONG decisions and actions and in no way any decision to do what is best for rocketry as a whole.

My evidence of that is the dramatic reduction in rocketry participation in the past three years.

This in a timeframe where at least one vendor offered to more than double local participation (with a proven track record of success), was responded to with nothing but hate, file and FUD in reply.

It's time for independent (indy) launches. Contact me to become a focal point for local motion.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Maybe it's time to re-think the action of hosting LDRS in NY next year. Doesn't make much sense hosting LDRS in a state that the reps are trying to shut down the hobby.

The only other highly unlikely, very slim chance, would be to get these no brains out to the range to do some LCO duty and actually learn what the hobby is about.

-Boomer

Boomer

Can you imagine Senator Hillary Clinton doing check-in for 2 hours at "Large and Dangerous Rocket Ships" and checking in such gems as "Bruiser", Executioner", Flying Pyramid of Death", and "Gigantor Happy Meal"?

"The mind wanders".

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I did not attribute the quote.

I was quoting the little voice in my puny little head :)

Reread the imagry I wrote too.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You have one too? Does it tell you to blow up things with APCP?

Joel. phx

If it itches, scratch it. Just don't take it out.

Reply to
Joel Corwith

I have been trying and failing for 40 years. My kid is on the path to his mission. He has a good 70 years ahead of him and I bet he fails too.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine