Long time, no fly

Hey everybody,
It's been about six years now since I've flown anything. Tomorrow my 5 yr old and I are heading to the GAMMA field in GA for some long overdue fun!
The only thing I have flight ready is the old trusty stock EZI, but it's going up for a Level 1 cert on a new NAR membership.
We've moved and are trying to get our new shop wired and set up for building/rebuilding a new fleet. The Expediter needs some repair, and I'm working on design of a 1/5 scale trio of Javelins. One for low power, one for G-H, and a screamer for I-J flights. We'll also recreate my favorite original design. It was my last flight (1999 or 2000), and came in ballistic from about 8000' in Perry. Not much left of that one except the plans and a VCP file.
We can't wait!!
Tim Smith
@bellsouth.net says...

How was the launch? I had planned on going but then my daughter got an invite to a birthday party, and with a < 1 year old baby to care for as well it didn't pan out.
--
Tweak

It was a very nice day at the field. Not too many folks, only a half dozen or so cars. Not many kids, mostly adults flying nice rockets. There were plenty of prangs for excitement, and plenty of picture perfect flights as well.
Unfortunately, I'm not always great with names unless I see them written down, so I won't attempt to say who was there.
We saw a beautiful fiberglass kit go up on (effectively) K510 with recording altimeter, telemetry, and a backup altimeter. Very nice flight, data was relayed to laptop so we knew what altitude, speed, etc was during the flight. Unfortunately, neither altimeter was able to get the main 'chute out, so it hit kinda hard under the drogue. Being a fiberglass rocket, there was no appreciable damage.
I flew the EZI on an I-300 looking for L1, despite the "that's a hell of cert flight" comment. I like to get my rockets off the pad quickly, see. Anyway, it got off the pad VERY quickly, and would have been a fantastic flight had the ejection charge not blown before burnout... No big deal, we'll do it again next time we can get out there. Again, the ensuing comments were akin to "I did my L1 on a small H motor", but my EZ-I has been up many times on I-power, and would have been fine this time had I not reversed the delay/spacer in the forward closure.
We followed up with a little Quest flash on a C6-7 for a very high modroc flight, and thanks to the silver mylar chute, we even got it back.
Overall, what I saw of the day was very nice, and my 5 yr old had a great time, which means I have a great excuse to keep going back!
Tim
Be sure and come back next month, as SoAR will be sponsoring a two day launch at GAMMA's field (hint: we'd like to see SOMEBODY not from SoAR staying for Sunday!)
Roy nar12605 www.soar571.com

Hey Roy,
I asked if there were any two-day launches, and David said ya'll were doing one next month. He did mention that it was typical for only the SOAR members to show up Sunday...
I'm a little over an hour away, what time do you usually keep the range open on Sunday?
BTW, you have a picture (uncaptioned) of one of my J-350 flights at Perry on your website. I feel special, that's my only rocket picture online!
Tim