looking for rack mount standards

I was thinking of building a 9.5 rack mount for electrical stuff but i cannot find standards on it (I can find the 19" easy) anyone have a bead on it or is it an open standard?

Reply to
Tater Schuld

The screw holes are 1 3/4 inches apart, so cabinet height must be in 1 3/4 inch multiples.

Reply to
John Karpich

Actually they are closer than that, but the pattern repeats every 1.75 inches, often refered to as a "U" for unit. One of the freebees I got a while back was a Compaq Rack tape measure with U calibrations on it. Real handy in the data center.

Bob Kaplow