Making a Federal Case out of Flaming

If this is true, rmr alone could paralyze the Justice Department.

or:

Bill Sullivan

"A judge is a law student who marks his own examination papers." H. L. Mencken

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

Maybe that alone would make all the annoyance of RMR worthwhile...

-- David

"The Rocket Scientist" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
David

RMR is a very tame and civil compared to other groups. I've been reading alt.home.repair and alt.hvac because I'm doing a large project with my home. People on alt.hvac are especially mean. They flame people and use terrible filthy language for no apparent reason at all.

Reply to
J.A. Michel

I think the HVAC people must have sniffed too much Freon !!!

Reply to
jj

As my "Bill of Rights" t-shirt says, "Void where prohibited by law".

I heard that 50 years from now China (no, not the one you're in Tai) is going to invade the USA and restore democracy and civil rights.

It seems our facist government is removing rights here as they try to force them down other countries throats. It's really time for another tea party.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Where did you hear that? I'm sure Homeland Security wants to know. Is that a "Code 46" like violation? ;)

All your base belong to U.S. :(

Reply to
Alan Jones

Funny we have more freedom here than in the US in certain respects (well we can't own guns or anything) like you don't have to ask for anyone's permission to mod your house, or paint the fence (if there is any) or anything like that. In most communities you had to get permission from your community if you wanted to mod your house... like owning properties has any value anymore... That just goes with Karl Marx's Communist Manifesto plank

1, abolish private properties...

-- TAI FU

Reply to
tai fu

I hate it when I agree with a liberal :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I'm NOT a liberal.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Like what?

I would say that's a loss of a MAJOR right, not loss of freedom.

paint the fence (if there is any) or

Where did you live that neighborhood covenants applied? That usually only applies when you're dealing with high end housing, as in exclusive neighborhoods, not every house in America.

wanted to mod your house...

That would be called zoning restrictions. No one wants a lead factory next door or apartments in the center of $500k estates.

private properties...

How long did you live inb the U.S.? Where?

Randy

<randyolb

You just play one on RMR.... 8-}

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

If anything, I'd call myself a libertarian.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

the fence (if there is any) or anything like that.

Only if you consider trailer parks as mid-level housing. . . not that you're not safe there either. Covenanted housing has permeated nearly every level of residential development and many areas have some "helpful" folks trying to bring it into existing neighborhoods.

wanted to mod your house...

Thank you for proving his point with your strawman.

TK

Reply to
TDKozan

How'd I do that?

He's getting his terms and generalities mixed up.

I live in a city of almost 4 million. Roughly 30% of the neighborhoods have some kind of covenant and are rarely enforced unless you're talking mega bucks and that's the upper 5 % of homes.

I was a contractor in 9 states for 23 years. I am now a building inspector for a financial institution in 4 states. That's pretty much the average nationally, which is hardly "most" of America.

Randy

<randyolb

I know, Bob. It was just too good an opportunity to pass up.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Yea zoning is nonexistant in Taiwan, just about everyone that lives on the first floor turns their home into a store front. It's called free enterprise here...

I dont know about factories, because they are usually located in less urban enviroment.

-- TAI FU

Reply to
tai fu

Like the government can't look at your records without a court order, the police can't arrest without a warrant (unless you like kill someone in front of them). In fact the police here are required to be nice to civilians, because if they are not and someone files a complaint on them they are like screwed.

In the US in light of recent events the government can do what they want, they will just use "terrorist" as an excuse.

Reply to
tai fu

snip

Oh. Just the same, I'll stay here. Enjoy your opportunities!

Randy

<randyolb

Yea, we are just under threat from China... personally I'd rather be threatened by a nation than by terrorists, at least a nation has laws, where terrorists just does what they want.

-- TAI FU

Reply to
tai fu

Guess that means conflicting schizo political views and always voting for losers?

Like Presidential candidate Michael Badnarik who garnered a whopping .3 % of the vote in 2004...

.9% of the vote or ZERO representives in the house...

.9% of the vote or ZERO Senators.

DSC

Reply to
stealthboogie