Making a Federal Case out of Flaming

writes:

Bob, were not many founding fathers Libertarians ?

I don't know what they called themselves back then, but I think that is what they would be today. What could be more "American" and patriotic than returning to the principles this country was based on; instead of the corrupt crap we have today.
All it takes is a little tea party...
From what I remember in history class after Independence there was the Republican and the Federalist party...

Well, I'm liking the English style of democratic government more than the US style. National control has eroded states rights (to say nothing of individual rights) to the point that states are little more than administrative counties of the national government. The bicameral legislature is a neat idea but pointless in today's environment. If we are to persist in the two party system, Republicans and Democrats, it would make more sense to have one legislative body for each, with both still required for passage of a bill, and other actions.