New Pope is model rocketeer!

I thought he was the postal worker from Cheers!

Bob Kaplow

That's a little known fact.

-Shread Vector NRA #1 Paramoount Leader

Nichrome city

Reply to
shreadvector

I did hear he was a catholic however.

Reply to
AlMax

And a former German soldier.

Germans perfected the "art of rocketry", many moons ago.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

and probably a good little Nazi to boot.

Reply to
nitram578

I once heard someone refer to "Boy Scouts" as "paramilitary" troops. In a sense it is true since they learn riflery, archery, survival, knots, first aid, etc.

But one might also characterize those skills as "survival" skills.

Unless you have an agenda.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Do we know for certain he is "not". After all, John Paul II was known to have had a liking for scale models, particularly Formula 1 cars.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Literally?

No.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

And initially considered taking the name "George Ringo" :-)

Bob Kaplow

If you were in Germany in the mid to late 30s you didn't have much of a choice. My late father-in-law, Jewish, 5'4" was too. Until he realized it was time to get out on the last boat of Jews to make it out of the country.

The new Pope quit when doing so could have meant death.

I'm more concerned about his attitude towards women, gays, birth control, etc. I keep hearing that women can't be priests (and thus bishops, cardinals, or Pope) because Jesus was a man. By that same logic Catholics can't be any of those because Jesus was Jewish. Maybe *I* should have run for Pope. HPR is certainly a religious experience.

Bob Kaplow