Fly Away launch lug

would somebody be interested in scanning this article that I think first appeared in HPR magazine and emailing it to me?

tia

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

And what if the magazine in question can't be obtained anymore - is he just SOL?

Was it *really* necessary to add the insult, too? :-(

Reply to
Len Lekx

HPR magazine back issues are available.

So now what?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

To find out what year and month said article was published.

Shockie: I remember seeing that particular article....I'll do a little searching this weekend.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

A lot of them are, but not all of them.

Reply to
raydunakin

I thought it was appropriate in his case. I still do. Also I consider it more an observation than an isult - you are what you are - or in this case he is what he is.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Point taken. Although I think the same observation could have been made without the profanity. Let's not forget that we *do* have younger people reading these postings... we ought to be setting some kind of example to them, concerning manners. ;-)

Reply to
Len Lekx

It's usenet. They better have a tolerance for far more than a little profanity.

Has anyone bothered to index HPR?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yep I should have disguiesed the word.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Yes, they have to be able to tolerate you.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Actually there are several HPR issues that did exactly that.

My eventual goal is to create a scanned index DB of all my rocketry magazines that is completely searchable. Currently I created a DB that is pretty much a searchable archive of the big rocketry email lists(Arocket, sugpro, etc) and that's been a EXTREMELY valuable personal resource.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
nedtovak

Good point. At least I'm not trying to date amy minors.

Reply to
Phil Stein

What is a fly away launch lug?

Reply to
Thomas Koszuta

Since I wasn't specific in what I said, I'll make you happy and be specific rather than cast speculative aspersions. Shockie and a few others were constant whiners about how the NAR BOT should do this or that and never offered any help or solutions - pretty much like he does here. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Thanks to him and his ilk, I've since unsubscribed from the NAR list. Also, cheap was a polite word. In reality, someone that is looking to get copyrighted material without paying for it or asking the permission of the owner is a criminal.

This is what you are doing by claiming that DOT wrongly accused you. So I guess you feel that you are a moron.

Jerry,

Reply to
Phil Stein

One that leaves the rocket after it clears the launch rail/rod to minimise drag I would assume.

Reply to
Niall Oswald

A launch lug with wings. ;)

Actually, it's a special device that is not perrmanently attached to the rocket, allowing it to come off as the rocket leaves the launch rod. The purpose is to reduce drag.

Usually, it's made of a flexible material cut into the shape of a sideways "Y". Short segments of lug tube are glued to the bottom and each arm of the "Y". When it is wrapped around the rocket, the three segments line up. With the launch rod running through them, it all holds together. As soon as it clears the rod, the "Y" unwraps and falls off the rocket.

Reply to
raydunakin

You missed the entire point!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

One that separates from the rocket as it leave the rod/rail. Back in the

70s, CMR sold a "Pop Lug" kit that was retained by a piece of tape onthe top of the launch rod. There are plenty of other ways to do this as well. THe Landis Loop I use with my tower launched egglofters could even be considered one of these.

Bob Kaplow

No, We got it, you're a MORON!

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

phil you are a snake in the grass...

I haven't posted more than 1 or 2 post to the NAR List in the past 6-9 months..... I will admit 2 years ago I came on rather strong in the NARlist and in here and other forums...thats water under the bridge... excuse the f*ck outta me...at least I have not spent the last 2 years spewing venom at people like you do on a regular basis..... I challenge anybody to compare my last 100 posts here in RMR, or for that matter the past 6 months, with YOUR past 6 months posts and anybody that is fair minded will see the truth about you... I

You don't contribute anything to this forum other than noise....

I am a NAR member and I reserve the right to whine and complain all I want to about the NAR BOT if I don't think they are doing what I consider to be the right or correct thing. If you don't like that, then kiss my ass.

DO you remember last year when the NARBOT violated their own Bylaws by not publishing their minutes of a NAR BOT meeting on time ? It was I that got them to finally relesase the Budget and those minutes.

Well they violated the same bylaws this year and this is the first I have said anything about it? Why Cause I just don't give a shit anymore about the NARBOT ...they will do what they want when they want, so who cares? I don't...

I will remain a member of the nAR and I will voice my opinion whenever I think they need to here an alternate pov....

Yeah, I bet in your whole pristine life Phil, you never made a copy of anything copyrighted and took it home with you... This is the WORST that you can accuse me of? We all know how PIOUS and HIGH MINDED you are....This charge is almost ridiculous on its face.. so before you go throwing the word "criminal" around I suggest you look in the mirror, Phil.

IF you don't like what I have to say, may I suggest you install an email filter....then you won't have to be bothered by me anymore...

terry dean nar16158 ama480602 ala shockie B(

Reply to
shockwaveriderz