night launch?

I was just thinking today, is there anything to allow a night launch AND recovery? I thought of it because I remembered the glow in the dark golfballs I once
had. Has anybody ever made anything similar, or that worked period, for recovering a night launched rocket? Just thinking it'd be pretty cool :)
-- _____________________________________________________ For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com. Yeah, it's really a real address :)
snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com.invalid wrote:

We fly night launches regularly with any number of methods used to make the bird visible during its flight. EL panels LED's, strobes, glow sticks, etc.... We even have a flying outhouse with 100 UHO leds..... =] Most clubs have specific rules dealing with this subject....
Has anybody ever made anything similar, or that worked period, for recovering a night launched rocket?
Here, night-launched rockets are required to be recoverable (at least theoretically), as well as visible on the pad before launch.
I usually try to launch with xenon strobes, which can be made pretty small: http://homepage.mac.com/westfw/PhotoAlbum10.html
(and cheap, since I typically use "free" disposed-of disposable cameras.)
BillW
Every new years I lauch a model rocket at midnight, I either tape a "Light stick" to it, or if it has a clear payload section I put it in there. Good for many night flights.

Telescope Buyers FAQ