Onboard Video from big EARS

I've just uploaded the video taken from my traffic cone at BigEARS 2005 along with some stills from the video
http://www.ukrocketry.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName 05

http://www.ukrocketry.com/videos/damian-cone.mpeg
Thanks to Chris Eilbeck for use of his clam shell and manning the recieving gear :-)
Also for those that don't get ABMR i have a copy of the Paisley Rocketry Society part of the Home Truths program from Radio 4 today.
http://burrin.homelinux.org/mp3 /
Damian
Damian Burrin UKRA 1159 Level 2 RSO EARS 1115 http://www.ukrocketry.com http://www.larf-rocketry.co.uk

I like the stills - I can make out my car in several of them! (16 and 17, at the right-hand end of the line of 4 :) )
If you look carefully (not sure if you can see it in those stills) on the original video you can also make out Chris Brown's Raptor in the crops, which flew just before the cone. All very cool :)
--
Niall Oswald
================================

No problemo. Are you or is anyone else planning on flying any video rockets at UKRA? I'll be bringing the kit along anyway but it'd be nice to see if we can get loads of onboard footage and put a compilation together.
Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk /

I would have thought so :-)
--
Damian Burrin
UKRA 1159 Level 2 RSO
Chris Eilbeck wrote:

How are you folks handling onbrd video? Digicam recorder? Downlink?
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

onboard CCD or CMOS board or bullet type cameras with a 2.4ghz transmitter. Receiver set up to record onto a MiniDV camcorder or MiniDV clamshell
Damian
--
Damian Burrin
UKRA 1159 Level 2 RSO
Damian Burrin wrote:

Ah, makes sense.
What type of antenna are you using for the ground reciever? DIY patch, yagi or something else??
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

A 2.4GHz AMHS antenna giving +17dBiC from
http://www.european-antennas.co.uk/helix.htm
Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk /

Chris has a nice commercial high gain helical he borrows from work. I and other have made helicals following the Jason Hecker design http://www.wireless.org.au/~jhecker/ works very well
Damian
--
Damian Burrin
UKRA 1159 Level 2 RSO

Only because
http://www.hyperspace.org.uk/qq1/dish.jpg
won't fit in the back of the car.
Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk /

Just a pity the balloon popped and you never got to use it properly :-(
Damian
--
Damian Burrin
UKRA 1159 Level 2 RSO