Onboard Video from big EARS

I've just uploaded the video taken from my traffic cone at BigEARS 2005 along with some stills from the video

Thanks to Chris Eilbeck for use of his clam shell and manning the recieving gear :-)

Also for those that don't get ABMR i have a copy of the Paisley Rocketry Society part of the Home Truths program from Radio 4 today.

Damian

Damian Burrin UKRA 1159 Level 2 RSO EARS 1115

Damian Burrin

I like the stills - I can make out my car in several of them! (16 and 17, at the right-hand end of the line of 4 :) )

If you look carefully (not sure if you can see it in those stills) on the original video you can also make out Chris Brown's Raptor in the crops, which flew just before the cone. All very cool :)

Reply to
Niall Oswald

No problemo. Are you or is anyone else planning on flying any video rockets at UKRA? I'll be bringing the kit along anyway but it'd be nice to see if we can get loads of onboard footage and put a compilation together.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

I would have thought so :-)

Reply to
Damian Burrin

How are you folks handling onbrd video? Digicam recorder? Downlink?

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

onboard CCD or CMOS board or bullet type cameras with a 2.4ghz transmitter. Receiver set up to record onto a MiniDV camcorder or MiniDV clamshell

Damian

Reply to
Damian Burrin

yea, I sell these for rc planes too. The fottage is compressed into poor quality but check it on my site if you are interested.

Annon User

Ah, makes sense.

What type of antenna are you using for the ground reciever? DIY patch, yagi or something else??

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
nedtovak

A 2.4GHz AMHS antenna giving +17dBiC from

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

Chris has a nice commercial high gain helical he borrows from work. I and other have made helicals following the Jason Hecker design

works very well

Damian

Reply to
Damian Burrin

Only because

won't fit in the back of the car.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

Just a pity the balloon popped and you never got to use it properly :-(

Damian

Reply to
Damian Burrin

Maybe one day...