Steve Gibbings L3 Flight

Having just got back from EARS may I be the first to congratulate Steve on his succsesful L3 flight. He flew Tintinus on a Hypertek M to arround 5k with flawless recovery.

I've put a 2.6mb Mpeg on my site

in the video section plus a number of stills in the gallery un Misc 2003.

I'd post the pics to ABMR but i've not been able to connect to it through NTL Cable for a few days :-(

This is only the 3rd L3 flight attempted in the UK and only the second to be succesfull. So well done Steve, well worth the wait!!

Damian

-- Damian Burrin UKRA 1159 Level 2 EARS 1115

email snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com email snipped-for-privacy@ukrocketry.com

Reply to
Damian Burrin

I second that !

After a lot of toil and perseverance (Steve can fill you in on the whole story) his L3 was eventually flawless. Well Done !

Thanks also to every one who helped out...

Hugh

In message , Damian Burrin writes

Reply to
Hugh Gemmell

Me neither. Allegedly they are restructuring to separate into servers that support binaries and those that don't. To be fair text.news.ntlworld.com is far better then anything I've seen form them recently (except for binaries).

My congratulations to Steve!

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

I know, i've used that for a while newscache.cable and news.ntlworld are so poor its ridiculous

Damian

-- Damian Burrin UKRA 1159 Level 2 EARS 1115

email snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com email snipped-for-privacy@ukrocketry.com

Reply to
Damian Burrin

And news.cache.cable.ntlworld.com & news.cache.ntlworld.com & news.cable.ntlworld.com! All crap.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

It was a superb flight when it eventually took to the air! ;0) Well done Steve!

Absoloutely. It was great and a cracking day for it too. It was well worth having to miss the last two EARS launches due to the harvest.

Congratulations Steve!

Cheers Mike 8-{>

EARS Secretary

Reply to
Mike Roberts

If you email them to me in an under 2mb message I will post them to v-serv.com/-upload for you.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It was a cracking flight too. Well done to all involved.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

Tell me about it!..I get so fed up I just use google groups half the time.

Reply to
Richard H

text.news.ntlworld.com works. Just no binaries.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

"Richard H" wrote in

is the way to go, never miss a thing with that.

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen Woolhead

I asked him that, he said "bigger motor" ;-)

Congrats Steve - well worth hanging around for!

-- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Richard Parkin UKRA 1268 L1

"Write a wise saying and your name will live forever" - Anonymous. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reply to
Richard Parkin

In message , Damian Burrin writes

Just watched it. I love the sound of those Hypertek's

Congrats Steve. Another barrier has been broken for the good of the hobby.

Can't wait to see some close up pics.

Reply to
Sean

Cheers Jerry, no need though ther're up on my website now :-)

Damian

-- Damian Burrin UKRA 1159 Level 2 EARS 1115

email snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com email snipped-for-privacy@ukrocketry.com

Reply to
Damian Burrin

Yeah, - but How Big??? Watch out Starchaser?

DB

Reply to
David Beeton

That's what RMR is about congrats on L3!!!!

-- Dale Martin NAR 80678 L2 N0JFM

Reply to
Dale Martin

Congratulations Steve. I'll have to check out the video when I get the gremlins out of my PC or my new one arrives.

Mark Simpson

Congratulations, Steve!

Reply to
default