OT: Halloween pics

Every year at Halloween I decorate our front patio area into a mini haunted house. Many of the creatures and props are things I've made myself. I posted a few pics here:

RayDunakin

All that rocket building paid off when you carved those pumpkins....... Nice pics, been wanting to do something like that myself.

Chuck

RayDunak>Every year at Halloween I decorate our front patio area into a mini haunted

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine

Cool...

Eldred

Reply to
EldredP

need to add a "wide" shot so we can see these all in relation to each other

Reply to
tater schuld

As long as we're on the subject of pumpkins, this story was in yesterdays Chicago Tribune, in the tempo section:

johnqpublic / easytoremember if you need a password to access]

Where squash fly In the Pumpkin Capital of the World, you will find the World's Greatest Gourd Cannon

By Doug George Tribune staff reporter Published November 3, 2004

For those of you who always wanted to know: A pumpkin shot out of a cannon flies like a knuckleball. Its imperfect aerodynamics cause it to lurch up and down and side to side as it soars through the air.

This fact was put into action -- repeatedly -- at the 2004 Punkin Chuckin' Contest in Morton, just east of Peoria. More than a dozen teams put devices of all shapes and sizes through their paces in a harvested cornfield outside the town that bills itself the Pumpkin Capital of the World.

I wonder if this competition follows the BATF interpretation that our rocket motors are explosives as opposed to flammable solids.

Bob Kaplow

flies like a knuckleball. Its imperfect aerodynamics cause it to lurch up and down and side to side as it soars through the air.

Contest in Morton, just east of Peoria. More than a dozen teams put devices of all shapes and sizes through their paces in a harvested cornfield outside the town that bills itself the Pumpkin Capital of the World.

Hmmm, a replacement for the bowling balls launch?

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine

Wow, very cool! You are multi-talented. I especially like the traditional yet fresh design of the jack-o-lanterns, nice work!

Scott "conspiracy-r-us" McCrate NAR 71680

Reply to
Scott McCrate

Thanks, Scott!

Reply to