[OT] Tests, tests, and more tests... NADA

Should I ask what #4 is...

I once read that the 4 food groups were fat, caffene, sugar, and alcohol; which makes Irish Coffee the perfect food.

And then there's the cafeteria at MIT: Prichett? What were their 4 categories? Fred?

Bob Kaplow

I caa't find the reference, but I know that this same experiment was done with twinkies. But it does get us back to pickles and pickle juice...

I've seen this done live with a Vlasic...

Bob Kaplow

Bob Kaplow

LOL! I know what you mean. After 3 weeks of feeling like... er... well "bad", feeling good again is AWESOME. Certainly something to be grateful for.

Good enough to go on winter camp with the Scouts this weekend (woohoo!... looking forward to -20 F!). I do love the snow!

Maybe they'd let me light a rocket or two up there... .

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

Our Wilderness Survival weekend wasn't cold this year (temps in the 50's) but it was WET (1.5+ inches of rain, most of it during evening meal). During the day while the boys were building their shelters I was in charge of the fire. I started and managed a hot fire from 9am until 5pm. That was fun. We managed to keep it going during the rain by covering the fire pit. After the rain I turned the fire over to the boys. It was out within 15 minutes! Then every match and lighter in the campsite was employed to restart it, unsuccessfully. Once wood gets wet, its really hard to burn!

Reply to
Alex Mericas

kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote in news:OJ4SVyI8kl+ snipped-for-privacy@eisner.encompasserve.org:

That was the Pritchett "Lounge". They were the driving force behind the campaign to rename sandwiches "shrewsburys", because they were reputedly invented by the Earl of Shrewsbury rather than the Earl of Sandwich.

Pritchett was located on the second floor rear of Walker Memorial, which housed one the several cafeterias on campus. The Walker Memorial "Dining Hall" served the East Campus and Senior House dormitories.

I was not aware that Pritchett had any specific four food groups. However, mostly what we ate there was burgers, hot dogs, fries and frappes.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

There were 4 stations to the cafeteria, each managed by a different student. Grill was one. Fries was probably one. Don't know the other two.

But I wasn't an MIT student, just visited the place a couple times.

Bob Kaplow