please help

hi there am building a replica of Titanic, as i am customizing in my own way, i want to have weapons on board, i watched a movie called "problem child" in which he had a remote control helicopter and he used it to shot little "bb-pellets" through these machine gun type of gun.. do you know where i can get these types of weapons or any other for that matter? thanks in advance. ~b~

Reply to
Bryan Bottorff

Is this guy a plant from the Bureau of Homeland Security or something?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Actually, there's an entire hobby where people build R/C boats with small guns and battle each other's boats until they sink. Worst thing is, some of these are really well-detailed and painted models.

You thought we were weird?

I'm pretty sure that they're supposed to be models of military vessels. The Titanic wouldn't qualify.

After the stupid movie, I'm sure there's plenty of people who'd be happy to shoot up a Titanic model, though.

"I'm King of the" .

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

And here's the URL:

Enjoy!

John

Reply to
John Stein

No, actually I've seen just such a thing down in Fullerton CA. A bunch of guys build scale battleships and destroyers and then cruise this big pond blasting each other with pneumatic BB turrets until one of them sinks.

Reply to
Reece Talley

Why?

Is the desire to build radio controlled military water craft with working non-lethal weapons and use them safely in mock combat any weirder than building scale models of rockets using micro motors? Is it any more wasteful of money than building a high power rocket with a video transmitter on board?

The only thing stupid I see is that this really isn't the forum dedicated to that sort of thing. Then again, if you want to find out where to find out about it, what better place to post?

Someone here is either an expert on the subject or knows how to at least find out about it on Google.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

Hmmmm, Rec/m-o-d-e-l-s =3D renditions r-o-c-k-e-t-s =3D weapons (quite often)

Sounds like a reasonable question to post here if I was not familiar with our hobby personally.

Don't let him get to you Bryan, computer users will always stereotype WebTv users because computer people usually sit in uncomfortable chairs and have keyboards attached with a cord, opening and closing tiny windows repeatedly or other rituals to view postings on a really small screen. Scott Hart NAR 79232 Who surfs the ng's w/WebTV after many years because it's a lot more comfortable to read the politics and the Jerry bashing from the couch with a 32" monitor and cordless keyboard than at my computer.

(Bob=A0Kaplow) In article , David Weinshenker writes: Bryan Bottorff wrote: =A0=A0hi there am building a replica of Titanic, as i am customizing in my own way, i want to have weapons on board, i watched a movie called "problem child" in which he had a remote control helicopter and he used it to shot little "bb-pellets" through these machine gun type of gun.. do you know where i can get these types of weapons or any other for that matter? thanks in advance. ~b~

Is this guy a plant from the Bureau of Homeland Security or something?

Worse. He's from WebTV... =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Bob Kaplow =A0 =A0 NAR #

18L =A0 =A0 =A0 TRA # "Impeach the TRA BoD" To reply, remove the TRABoD!
Reply to
S H

"zoot" wrote

Because, a Titanic model with deck guns is dumb.

Yes and Yes

Agreed.

Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

J.A. Michel

Ok, so I think like a 12 year old. It sounds cool to me. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

I would think, if it doesn't sink, it's just not the same. :)

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

The difference is that we don't set out to destroy our models. I've never understood C/L Combat either. It seems that these models by their very nature have a very short half life. I guess it teaches you to build fast.

Perhaps they should use tiny paintballs instead of something that actually damages the model...

Bob Kaplow

Well, I think CL combat models are designed so you _can_ build them really fast (for exactly that reason) - constant-section wings that let you make a whole pile of ribs at once on the belt sander between a pair of templates, not much in the way of a fuselage, etc. - after the first couple, you can probably whomp up a spare airframe in a few minutes with a bottle of CA glue.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker