Palm apps I would love to see.

A rocksim VIEWER. IE let me see the rocket and some sim result that I have already run on my palm.

Also a Motor Database. Seperate from other programs (but using the same pdb etc. file to conserve space)

Let me "browse" motors. min max thrust. Duration. etc.. let it be sortable (IE by diameter or by letter power etc..) Maybe combine this into something "updated" regularly so we can use it as a "certified motor list" for on the field etc..

Another thing that would be cool (one of the prasp of rocketcal programs may do this not sure)

how about a nice program to sim flight on the PC or MAC. IE Design the rocket on the PC and then on the palm I simply pick a motor and "sim" it in the palm. this would be cool.

Something integrated with rocksim would be cool. IE scrape needed info from a rocksim file to let another program run a sim off that info on the palm.

How about a flight logger ? let me define stuff on the PC. (rocket names etc..) and then I can "pick" the info on the field etc.. Let me set a "favorite" motor list for each rocket so its faster to pick motors (but also let it expand if you want to experiment etc..)

Just some ideas that I would like to see.

I would also LOVE to see a program to let me download an altimeter via IR ie an IR led on teh altimiter and a palm app to RECIEVE this altimeter. then it would work on all palms no cable needed.

Just some ideas I would love to see

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

Rocketcalc (the pRASP companion) already has this.

I found one of these a while back. The demo version only holds 10 flights. And it seems to have vanished, so you can't get the full version.

There is an AYUCR control program for the Palm. I got the software, but haven't built the custom cable to connect my PDA to the AYUCR yet.

I also found several VT terminal emulators for generic device control with the Palm. But again, the cable issue...

Bob Kaplow

How 'bout an app that teaches basic grammar and logic? 8-}

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

This post is clearly off-topic for rmr.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Chris, go to

and start programming them. BTW, the best version lets them run on pocketPC as well.

I've owned this program, it works, and it's inexpensive to use to program palms.

Art

Reply to
Art Upton

I'd love to see a port of the Olsen FCP/M2 pc sw to the palm. Never-the-less I'm planning on a Handspring unit sometime this winter.

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Chris Taylor Jr wrote:

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

alas I have ZERO programming skill whatsoever and no time to learn them. I wish I could. Then again maybe not. I would be writing so many apps I would have no time for anything else :-)

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

Typical *future* developer :)

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Chris Taylor Jr wrote:

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

And manners and etiquette. (Poor grammer, but I think I have the spelling right.) ;)

Reply to
Alan Jones

Sounds like if you made time, you could find a gainful skill ?

Art

Reply to
Art Upton

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Time can not be made. only divided up an used as effeciently as possible.

I hate it when people say make time. I just want to smack that and say when you figure out how to "make" time you will be the richest person in the universe.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr