Homeland Security

Is there any truth to the rumor that the Department of Homeland Security is going to hobby shops and getting lists of customers?

.
Reply to
David W Funk

Well I've heard rumors, but never seen it personally :-)

Reply to
Greg Cisko

Woudlnt surprise me... for some reason INS became like a bunch of agencies under the homeland securities... in other words, they're no longer policemen, but soldiers... Whats next, Marshal law?

Reply to
tai fu

Marshal law = the kind dispensed by Matt Dillon of Gunsmoke Martial law = the kind you're under when the military is in charge

And it's not capitalized...

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Is that a Roman Buick?

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

Reply to
Alex Mericas

thats Joules per second

Reply to
tai fu

I think its time to put on that nomex suit and get in that unobtainum ship... things are going to heat up quite a bit...

Reply to
tai fu

If it is, let's round up the phone books from the couple dozen largest metro areas in the country. That should keep them busy...

Bob Kaplow

Another reference to Cylon. What's up? You guys working for SciFi? ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Some. It may be a half truth, but probably

Reply to
Alan Jones

Well, since we're being picky, that would be Marshall Law.

Mark E. Hamilton

Reply to
Mark Hamilton

If you're referring to temporary rule by military authorities imposed on a civilian population in time of war or when civil authority has broken down, it would be Martial Law.

Reply to
Steven P. McNicoll

Whichis in effect right now under the "war powers act".

The president(s) have simply opted to do most of the martial law stuff covertly till post-911.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

message

I always thought the military rule was Marital Law?

Joel. phx

Yes dear. No, that wasn't about you dear,...

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Some probably would have, had you written Marshall Plan instead of Marshal Law.

Reply to
Steven P. McNicoll

Hey, I got it. I just read _The Conquerors_. It was almost the Morgenthau plan.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams