Paper on Balsa Fins

I meant to ask...what's HPR ?

Almost soiled myself lol

Hmmm, I'm probably not a great builder...although I have built 1/2 dozen or so 'dory's", those double ended cod fishing boats, real ones, not models so I'm very familiar with compound angles....nothing's square on a boat.
So the same with rocket tubes....round.
I am pretty good with finishing work though, albeit with a paint brush or roller...now I've gotta get used to an airbrush...again...np...old man had one he used on the old RR kits with a can of air...used one then, I'm sure I can use one now.
Some things just stick in your head like your Regular Army Number...and you just never forget.
Zman wrote:
<edited for specific content>

Hi Power Rocketry. We're discussing "model rockets", USUALLY, D or lower total impulse.
HPR involves "H" motor class impulse levels and above, or certain thrust levels per motor, or ,,,,
Check out the TRA or NAR websites for precise definitions.
--
Gary Bolles

summum jus, summa injuria est

Model rocketry Under 3.3 pounds liftoff Under 125g propellant These days under 62.5g per motor (bad) CERTIFIED motors
High Power rocketry no weight limit N motor power limit (20,480 N-s) CERTIFIED motors

I endorse that.
One last msg. before I mosey off....
I am NOT one of those builders that makes models that you oooh & ahhh about. I would rather make a model that is structuraly sound than a fancy one.
True, I admire super-duper paint jobs, but I can only do my best.
I kinda shot my limit on kits this month, and believe me this batch'll keep me busy for awhile; but I wish I had also gotten something like the Rhino? That simple big tube design?
I want to airbrush a ladder truck on the side of a rocket. That's my BIG EFFORT !
Eric
Retired WFD 222 12/20/97

http://www.v-serv.com/usr/kits/sentrasrb2.7.htm
Claremont, CA
I've bought very few things off of Ebay but I do remember buying something from Claremont, CA
hmmmm but for the life of me I can't remember what....didn't have anything to do with rockets....
maybe something for my Dad....rest his soul...
Parchment Paper
I have scads of Parchment Paper used for lining baking sheetpans here. I like to cook / bake. Was looking at it today...feeling it between my fingers, seems like it has a waxy feeling, like waxed paper. Might be why it doesn't burn? Hmmm Wadding?
Probably not a good thing 'eh?
ericz
Zman wrote:

Don't know how well it would work, but even if it did, that's darned expensive wadding when compared to cellulose insulation!
-Kevin

Not if you've got scads of it hanging around! But I agree, dog barf or other options are trired and true...I'll wait till I have a 'disposable' unit...hey...wait a minute...I do! My Estes Patriot!
:)