Newsgroups

I read somewhere that someone didn't know how to access the alt.binaries.models.rockets newsgroup.
Go here and dl the free news reader:
http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php
Don't know how you can view this newsgroup and not have access to others but...what do I know....
Zman wrote:

Probably talking about me. :)

I'm using this newsgroup via Google Groups, the only place where I have gotten newsgroup access. However alt.binaries.models.rockets is nowhere to be found in Google Groups' listings. I've tried using software newsreaders, but I guess I don't have access to my ISP's news server. And it seems as if the web-based readers like to charge you a fee or I can't find it on there.
This is what I get for pretty much being a newbie when it comes to newsgroups. I'm sure there is some pretty obvious thing I'm missing. :-)
Daniel Bergquist Rev. 2:10
On 13 Jul 2005 22:07:36 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@cune.org wrote:

Google don't carry binaries groups.

You should ask them why. Though it still might not carry binaries.
snipped-for-privacy@cune.org wrote:

Try a thorough googling of your isp + usenet. You probably *can* access groups, but your ISP may just not want it to be common knowledge; and/or they would like you to have to jump through hoops to do so. When I was last at my parents' house, who use RoadRunner; I had to use google to find out the RoadRunner news server; as I could not find that info on any official RoadRunner page.
--

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux User #328317 - SlackWare 10.1 (2.6.10)
Greg Heilers wrote:

His 'cune.org' email address points to Concordia University, Nebraska. (why they have a .org and not a .edu I don't know). AFAIK, most colledges do not have news servers.
DaveL wrote:

I have not skimmed over any of the "fine print" yet, but perhaps this might be of use:
http://www.yottanews.com/index.html
--

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux User #328317 - SlackWare 10.1 (2.6.10)

They don't? I guess I just must be lucky...
Eldred