Newsgroups

I read somewhere that someone didn't know how to access the alt.binaries.models.rockets newsgroup.

Go here and dl the free news reader:

Don't know how you can view this newsgroup and not have access to others but...what do I know....

Reply to
Zman

Probably talking about me. :)

I'm using this newsgroup via Google Groups, the only place where I have gotten newsgroup access. However alt.binaries.models.rockets is nowhere to be found in Google Groups' listings. I've tried using software newsreaders, but I guess I don't have access to my ISP's news server. And it seems as if the web-based readers like to charge you a fee or I can't find it on there.

This is what I get for pretty much being a newbie when it comes to newsgroups. I'm sure there is some pretty obvious thing I'm missing. :-)

Daniel Bergquist Rev. 2:10

Reply to
daniel.bergquist

Google don't carry binaries groups.

You should ask them why. Though it still might not carry binaries.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Try a thorough googling of your isp + usenet. You probably *can* access groups, but your ISP may just not want it to be common knowledge; and/or they would like you to have to jump through hoops to do so. When I was last at my parents' house, who use RoadRunner; I had to use google to find out the RoadRunner news server; as I could not find that info on any official RoadRunner page.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

His 'cune.org' email address points to Concordia University, Nebraska. (why they have a .org and not a .edu I don't know). AFAIK, most colledges do not have news servers.

Reply to
DaveL

I have not skimmed over any of the "fine print" yet, but perhaps this might be of use:

Greg Heilers

They don't? I guess I just must be lucky...

Eldred

Reply to
Eldred Pickett