Perfect use for old FSI F7-4 motors?

In the title, which is the part of the document where you in a few words try to summarize the intent of a (much) longer document so that people who are interested can read it.

The term "decertified" is correctly used elsewhere in the document.

Did you read it?

That's because NFPA doesn't require motors to be decertified because of age. That's something that NAR does. Members of NAR have asked that we figure out if that's necessary in this day in age. We now have a controlled R&D program to do just that.

Um, people like you, apparenlty.

You can submit it all you want. You won't be correct. They can not only fire them, they can fly them, IF they've complied with conditions outlined in that long document you apparently didn't read.

Because, if tney comply with those requirements, they'll be flying certified motors.

OK, so you're all for it, you just think it's illegal? Or, you're all for it, you just don't like the NAR making it legal? Or what, exactly?

--tc

Reply to
tedcochran55409

There used to be some pretty half-arsed thrust curves (looked predicted rather than measured) on the USR web site. I made them into .eng files and put them online here:

take no responsibility for their use!

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

The last booklet of thrust curves published by TMT (back in 6/96) includes some USR motors.

Reply to
Steve Humphrey

How might one obtain a copy of that?

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Heh, join Tripoli in 1996. :-) Or find someone local who did.

If I didn't have a buttload of work to do before my trip to Baikonur on Saturday--and if my scanner was working--I'd scan the relevant pages and post them. I'll make a note to do so after I get back in October.

Meanwhile, just so you know which USR motors are listed: G40(G33), G45fs(G32), H55(H41), H90nzls(H57), H160(H190) Parentheses bracket the TMT designation.

Reply to
Steve Humphrey

Please contact me via email & I'll tell you.

Reply to
Philip Stein

Forget those. They are a product of ji's imagination.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Yesterday I launched an old alpha 1 with a 1970's widowmaker C engine, But my lauching is done usder the SIAR banner which doesn't outlaw oop engines from flying.

It was one heck of a flight too.

Reply to
Starlord

flight insurance company ? Don't have any, never did, but the SIAR was founded in 1970 and is still alive today, while not a big group we do have members from other countys, not all our members are in the USA, the last one to join lives near the Nile River.

Reply to
Starlord

We are a Model Rocketry group and membership is free, there are no dues. We don't get into high power rocketry.

Reply to
Starlord

Where did you get one of those with a CSFM seal on it?

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

I'm way out here in the desert and they don;t care what is launched, why at a launch at the Mojave space port last year they let a guy fly a all metal mid enegined (Estes E engine) fly at the special day launch they had for local kids and that rocket was all metal soda cans, body tube, fins, the whole thing metal, so me flying an estes alpha with a old chevc windowmaker C engine which for it's age still worked as it should was no big deal. And that's why I've managed to get the local service people to includ a aero park in their plans, it'll be set up for rmodel rockets, rc plans, control lines planes. It might be another 5 years before it's built but it's in the works and I have submitted a plan for it too.

They allow aero fireworks in Kern county.

Reply to
Starlord

Doing a demo with ancient and likely highly unreliable motors that in their best form require skill and luck to fly reliably, is NOT a very smart idea. Think about it.

Ask Don Carter about what can happen when one of these catos. How far away do you plan to locate these Cubs? Just what they need, 40-50 gram chunks of flaming BP flying around the place.

Burn them off somewhere safe and remote, and away from other people's kids is my advice.

Reply to
mjd

Bob, he launches under the SIAR banner. They don't need no stinking seal...

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

ted, comments inline..

terry dean nar 16158

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

shockwaveriderz wrote: > [more of the same]

Terry, what part of this don't you understand:

From Ted:

You can submit it all you want. You won't be correct. They can not only fire them, they can fly them, IF they've complied with conditions outlined in that long document you apparently didn't read.

Because, IF THEY COMPLY WITH THOSE REQUIREMENTS, THEY'LL BE FLYING CERTIFIED MOTORS.

(emphasis mine)

Reply to
Steve Humphrey

steve: evidently I don't understand alot of it. Lets see if I got this right. If a NAR section, follows all the requirements of the SCCCP program, then model rocket motors that have been preveiously decertfied, now become "certifed" once again?

SO basically following all of the requirements of the SCCCP just changes the status of decertfied model rocket motor to certfied once again? Hmm thats an intresting concept.

And theres nothing in NFPA that I can find that says a "recognized testing organization" such as the NAR can't reverse itself on prior decertfications.

DO I understand now?

terry dean nar 16158

Reply to
shockwaveriderz