Re: BATFE Director Buckles resigning to enter private $ector

yup, you should be mighty proud, Mr. Buckles, might proud :(

So was he an instigator of the madness, or merely a figurehead for politically-driven policies? (I.e., will a change of director make any real difference?)

-davew

Reply to
David Weinshenker

dunno, but he signed the NPRM 968

and I would expect that any policy of enforcement (or mischief like the video to demonstrate the effectiveness of weaponized HPR) would have to come from, or be approved by, his office.

- iz

David We> Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Ok, wasn't there a rumor that a 'big dawg' at the BATFE wife left him for a guy who does rockets??? If said rumor is true would it be this guy?

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
nedtovak

Probably not.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

some nice family pictures of Mr. Buckles

I found that, according to a brief biography at
friend Mr. Buckles went to school in Wyoming, from whence hails Sen. Enzi and John Wickman!

I also found this inspiring quote from a radio interview at

"I think that an agency like ATF that has had a history of people challenging whether or not we should exist, how we do our business, has, from a government agency point of view, been very difficult." As a consequence, Buckles reports that ATF is working hard to "prove our worth. We're going to attempt to hold ourselves more accountable publicly," he says."

and just for fun, here's a few high points of his leadership of the agency:

  • a U.S District Judge declared BATFE demand for gun shop records was illegal
  • an author whose book was "highly critical" of the agency was harassed, and his exwife asked to inform against him by agents
  • the Radio-Television News Directors Association protested FBI and BATFE agents disguising themselves as journalists in order to photograph protestors outside of a courthouse
  • congressman questions why BATF computers were not prepared for year
2000, requiring firearms license processing to be done manually
  • a House Appropriations Committee Subcommittee questioned him on two gun issues, including BATFs failure to provide forms by the time their use by firearms dealers was mandated
  • wine labelling requirement changes evoke protest from the Wine Caucus in Congress
    and we all know about the SEA, and its impact on the scheduled July 4th fireworks

anyone here for a "Senator Buckles" ?

- iz

nedtovak wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

And now he's going to work for the RIAA going after kids downloading MP3's...

Tom

Tom Binford