Re: cub scout rocket

Tim go to your local library and look at the Boy's Life Magazine. If you contact them directly you may be able to get an old copy of the Magazine. Steve

Reply to
SMarsh3807

Thanks!

Reply to
Tim

1 PNC-7-3 1 BT-7-8 5 die crushed paper fins 1 shock cord 1 thrust ring 1 lUnch lug 1 instructions forget if it includes a decla, but think not 1 streamer 1 shock cord mount

Your sig is long enough

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The Akela-1 rockets (assuming it is an Akela-1) came with a small blue and yellow decal set. There was no shock cord mount unless the kit was changed sometime after the ones I had.

Shock cord mounting consisted of cutting two small slits in the body tube and threading the elastic through them, then tying off and smearing a bit of glue into the slits.

tim

Reply to
Tim

As I recall from my days as an Estes child, this was a commonly-specified procedure in the instructions for BT20-sized rockets, which were small enough in diameter that it would have been difficult to use the folded paper glue mount that was frequently included in BT50-sized and larger kits.

(This was back when the Estes "shock cords" were genuine model-airplane-grade grayish-brown "contest rubber" strip instead of the funky white rubber that succeeded it, which in turn was later replaced by the "underwear elastic" variety consisting of multiple rubber strands with a fabric thread woven over them...)

Ah, memories...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker