Re: [F-FT] Stuffer tube problem

Now this is what RMR should be not the daily pissing contests some seem to always start. Thanks again guys for the great ideas.

> >> One thing I do is glue the yellow engine spacer tube above the engine > block >> to add a little more protection against burn through. If I plan on using >> reloads I use two yellow tubes, one above the other. No problems since I >> started doing this. When I can't find one of the spacer tubes I just use > a >> piece of BT-50 with a narrow section cut out and make a long coupler >> tube. >> Of course, you could also use regular coupler tubes. > > I like your way better than mine. I just "glue bombed" all of ours and > coated the stuffers that way. So far they're doing well. > > Randy > >
Reply to
nitram578

Glad to help.

John

Reply to
John Stein

snip

What's the date on the engine? I remember back about 1997 someone ( Pete Alway? ) saying their Saturn V had developed a hole in the stuffer from the ejection and it had only flown 4-5 times.

Then in 1999 we had the poopy clay and the ejections were weak.

Quality control needs to be consistent.

Randy

Reply to
<randyolb

No way to tell when this occurred.

I simply noticed it last year (March) when I went to launch it again, and it could have happened in any of several previous launches. It came up again in my mind as it's in my pile of 'rockets that need some kind of fixing' pile (which I was going through last week).

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

The SPEV BT-70 was from the LJII kit. The BT-60, funky adapter, tube, and nose cone were from the Thor Agena B.

So the proper name for the SPEV would be a Little Joe Thor Agena B :-)

Bob Kaplow

:)

Loved by bunnies and publishers alike.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

"Spare Parts Elimination Vehicle", IIRC.

- Rick "Great name *and* great rocket design." Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson

Is this not a troll?

Reply to
Phil Stein

I kinda like:

"Little B Thor Joe Agena" new hip-hop star who's theme is a riff on Tone Loc's "Funky Cold Medina."

Reply to
Roy Green

Now that is a good tune :-)

Reply to