Re: Is there an echo in here?

This morning I had about 50 - 60 posts to RMR that were all dated from

> November of this year. Any one else see anything like that, or is it just my > news server being strange?

I haven't been able to even sign in for a while during this switch to "beta."

This reply can be considered a test reply.

+McG+
Reply to
kmcgrmr

Last night as of 10:00pm I had a total of 9 posts showing for all of

12-27-04. This morning at 6:30 I have 174. Whatever the anomalies are, it's been going on for 3 weeks now.

Randy

Reply to
<randyolb

Ok now this is REALLY weird. I replied to Bob's post, below his post, but when it displays, it's above it like a top post. AND everything on rmr is now reading like a recipe for something. I answered Bunny's post from yesterday and my own post is a recipe or some kind of strange code. How odes that happen?

What's going on?

Randy

Reply to
<randyolb

Yep...seeing that here, too. But we're both on Charter and NNTP, so I'm not sure what's happening either.

Looking forward to seeing you and Verna at the Rocket Day launch.

John

Reply to
John Stein

Looks perfect via news.east.earthlink.net...

Philip

Constitution,

Reply to
OdorDestroyer.com

Hey John,

It could be something with Charter again. Almost everything is in some kind of silly code, mostly about cooking. The strange thing is that even my own posts have been changed from what I actually posted.

We're looking forward to coming down again too.

Randy

Constitution,

Reply to
<randyolb

It looks loke some troll posted a bunch of bizarre recipies and forged the headers of various regular posters.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

It looks like everything is back to normal now.

Randy

Reply to
<randyolb

I saw it too. This afternoon almost every post was just a bunch of sicko cannabilism recipes, but posted under the names various regulars to this forum. Looked like rmr needed an exocist or something!

Reply to
RayDunakin

I see both the original and then quickly followed by a recipe post. If you notice, all of the fake posts have a report abuse address of snipped-for-privacy@doit.wisc.edu . That might be a place to start, but it seems too easy so it probably is wrong.

Reply to
Gordon McGrew