Recomendations on dual deploy

[I know I'm going to regret this, but...]

I'm thinking of modifying my LOC expiditer to do dual deploy. It's got a nice 3.1" payload bay and a large motor mount for big motors.

Any suggestions for an electronics package? Electronics bay? Pyrotecnics?

Reply to
Wayne Johnson

LOC makes an electronics bay to fit 3" BT. I recommend the Missile Works RRC2 altimeter.

Reply to
Bruce Sexton

Ummmm, maybe A LOC electronics bay and altimeter? You're then not re-inventing the wheel because it's all meant to go together. Actually, for the electronics, anything that works will work. Like picking your favorite beer it's a matter of subjective preference. I just happen to have a LOC dual deploy altimeter for my LOC rockets because Barry's a local merchant for us here, makes things right convenient...and, of course, it works fine for what I need.

Chuck

Wayne Johns>[I know I'm going to regret this, but...]

3.1" payload bay and a large motor mount for big motors.
Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine

Good advise. They fit all 3" USR kits as well.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I made a bay in the transition section for mine - worked out ok but may be too hard for the first timer. Still - it worked out. Barry

Reply to
<locprecision

Wayne I am looking into the need of a timer vs altimeter for use with the many hybrids I am considering.

One thing nice about the lower section of your Expediter is the drouge chute can be motor deployed and the main chute altimeter deployed from the payload section with out carving up the transition.

I already have many rockets with a payload section that use the heavy bulkhead section. In other words do I redo the upper half to include Ebays or mount the altimeters in the top section.

With out cutting up your transition you will consider using the nice payload as I am planning. I'am looking at Missileworks RRC2 because of it's time tested use.

and Perfectflite's minialtimeter for it's size.

Looking for your ideas too.

Ken MASA TRA-MN

Reply to
Kenneth Jarosch

Just out of curiosity, did you use a timer or altimeter for chute deployment? I was wondering if the transition would have have any adverse affects on pressure venting when an altimeter was used?

Rob House

UKRA 1258 - Level 2 SERFS

Reply to
Rob House