Recovery Upgrade Kit

I just bought my first rocket from Deepsky Rockets and also got the recovery upgrade kit but im not sure how to fix it on how do i attach the kevlar cord to the rocket and the nomex ejection shield and what do i do with the swivel link?

Thanks

Reply to
tux

Use the kevlar instead of the shock cord supplied with the kit - its flame proof so won't be damaged by the ejection charge. Some its come wth kevlar anyway.

Use the nomex instead of recovery wadding, thread it into the kevlar so it doesn't get lost.

I'd make a break in the kevlar a bit after it comes out of the tube. Its job is to stop everything twisting up - as you will have guessed. If its the sort with a clip then you can use most of your shock cord and chute on multiple rockets.

If your replacing elastic with the kevlar then you need to think about how to replace the damping it provides as kevlar has little streach. A good length of nylon wold (if the 'yoo' on my keyboard had not jst jammed) be my choice - twice the length of the rocket.

So str.n all together yo. have rocket, kevlar with nomex, swivel, nylon, ch.te.

Enjoy. Now I'll try and fix my keyboard!

Halam Rose