Rocket Builders - WIVB television item

Tattoo needs to earn his keep.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

You can't. No "jurisdiction" until the system has "played itself out".

That is something that probably SHOULD be changed as well as a public defenders office for administrative actions and governmental claims generally.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

More jerry baloney!

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

What's that make you, fuel for the generator??

Reply to
W. E.Fred Wallace

What papers do you have that give you DOT's approval to ship APCP as "model aircraft parts"?

I wouldn't be surprised. Nor would I disagree that many of their regs are excessive and/or unnecessary.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Based on jerry's track record on such matters, the DOT will have to hunt jerry down, to even get a penny from that weasel.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I will find out friday eve if my cousin was able to tape it. If so, maybe I can get Ray to MPEG it.

Doug BRS Inc. - Secretary

Reply to
Rocketweb

You are irrational.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Including the ones requiring propellant (in the forms and formulas found in sport rocketry products) to be shipped as "Class 1 Explosives"...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Yes, that may be an example of an excessive regulation. But Jerry has never said that he shipped the stuff illegally to get around the excessive regulations. He insists that he was/is legal. Even now, after being hit with a huge fine, he still argues about it.

It's like speeding. I often exceed the speed limit when I drive, and I can give you plenty of reasons why it's perfectly safe to do so. I can also point out that in most cases, the speed limits are intentionally set too low in order to increase income from fines. I would actively campaign to have the speed limits increased, if I thought it had a snowball's chance to succeed.

What I _won't_ do is claim that speeding is legal when it clearly is not. Nor will I blame the AAA or the cop or the manufacturer of my car or the station where I bought my gas, or anyone else. I accept the risk that I may (and sometimes do) get busted.

Reply to
RayDunakin

No, you're just in denial. You said yourself that you had to be busted by DOT in order to "get jurisdiction" to sue them. You've tried to paint yourself as some martyr for the cause of reducing DOT regulation. If any of that were true, you would not have falsely labeled that shipment, and you would have _wanted_ to get busted so that you could "get jurisdiction" (your words) to challenge DOT.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Such aquestion . .

For a dedicated troll . . .

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

At least till I win the lawsuit :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You are irrational

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What lawsuit?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Yeah, if you win a lawsuit against DOT, then you can say that what you did was legal. However, I can't imagine any court in the nation would say it's legal to ship flammable solids mislabled as inert "model aircraft parts". BTW, have you actually _filed_ that lawsuit yet?

Reply to
RayDunakin