Student stabbed with model rocket

OMG ... even after almost 3 years since the occurrence ... it's still a little hard to believe ... what the hell was the kid thinking while
he was stabbing the other kid with the rocket?! I mean I have never seen Freddy Kruger or Jason pick up a model rocket and start impaling their teenaged victims with it!
Here is the story and link:
http://www.casperstartribune.net/articles/2003/06/08/news/casper/32209e07ae6d51de6f5b35551e66beef.txt
Student stabbed with model rocket By HOLLY STROTHER Star-Tribune staff writer Sunday, June 08, 2003
An eighth-grade Centennial Junior High student was accidentally stabbed with a model rocket Tuesday afternoon at the east-side school, according to district officials.
The unidentified 15-year-old sustained a one-inch puncture wound to the chest when he and a 13-year-old friend engaged in "horseplay" over the Estes Rocket during class, said Wayne Beatty, the district's Safe Schools administrator.
At approximately 12:40 p.m. Tuesday, the boys' technology class was on the football field launching the model rockets when the incident occurred, Beatty said.
The boys had been standing by the goalposts and spotted an unfired rocket, he added. "Both boys went for the rocket at the same time," Beatty said. "They engaged in horseplay trying to grab the rocket (and) ... one of the boys began poking the other with the rocket."
The boy sustained a minor chest wound just above the sternum, he said.
School officials determined that the wound and its possibility of infection was serious enough to call for an ambulance from the Wyoming Medical Center.
The boy was transported to the hospital, where he was X-rayed and sutured, and then released, Beatty said.
According to a Casper police report, the victim's mother agreed that no charges were to be filed against the other boy.
The 13-year-old is spending the last four days of the school year in the in-school suspension program.

Think how lucky we are to have been spared the mandatory licensing and regulation of all "pointy objects."
Scott Schuckert wrote:

But would that mean companies having to get licenses for their EPHBs? After all, you should see the damage an EPHB can do to a business...
G. For the non-Dilbert readers, EPHB=Evil Pointy Headed Boss
--
Graham J. Platt
graham (a) bowhunter (d) demon (d) co (d) uk
Scott Schuckert wrote:

http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?imagename ngerengrish.jpg&category=Toys&date 00-11-03
or
http://tinyurl.com/24xss
Bill Sullivan
"Now, I go to spread happiness through the rest of the station. It is a terrible responsibility, but I have learned to live with it."     -- Londo Mollari
I mean think about it ... it would take A LOT of force to sink a nose cone, assuming the pointy end, an inch into someone's chest ... I don't think they were 'horseplaying' like the article states! I believe the 13 year old used the rocket as a short spear!
assuming it is plastic and they didnt make it out of metal...
-- TAI FU

It was an Estes rocket. It's a safe bet.
On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:21:00 -0800, The Rocket Scientist wrote:

Ahhhh..."Babylon 5"...perhaps the most under-appreciated sci-fi show ever. Even this hard-core Trekker (as opposed to Trekkie) cringes at all the (mostly undeserved) attention that Trek gets, while "Babylon 5" gets little to none...
--

Greg Heilers
snipped-for-privacy@earthNOSPAMlink.net says...

It was the hair.
--
Tweak

GREAT MAKER!
I'd love to have the hairspray consession.
Randy vernarockets.com
Randy wrote:

You know you've got a really good sig when it generates more posts than the original topic.
Bill Sullivan
"You can find complaints as far back as Socrates about how things aren't like they were in "the good old days" and how the world is going to hell in a handbasket. Either hell is a lot farther away than we thought, or the handbasket is moving *really* slowly." - Chris Zakes
In the immortal words of Larry the Cable Guy... "Ah don't care who ya are, that there's funny!"

http://www.casperstartribune.net/articles/2003/06/08/news/casper/32209e07ae6d51de6f5b35551e66beef.txt