Rocket business opportunity with soccer

Why not buy up a large parcel of land, and since you are the owner, you can build soccer fields on it and lease it out for teams and leagues to use WHEN YOU DECIDE and you can keep the best times for yor rocket flying? You make $$$ off the footballers and have a launch site that can never be taken away by a parks dept.

Difficult to do in a city that is already built up, but you can plan ahead in areas with new construction.

You can even give your facility a cool name.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

shreadvector

My dream is to retire and buy a chunk of land like that. Then put up a sign that says any modelling activity is allowed, but NO BALL PLAYING OF ANY KIND!

NIRA used the same launch field for THREE DECADES when it was deserted most of the time. We could just show up and fly. No fees, and all we had to do was cover them as an additional insured on our NAR insurance (maybe $20 per year). We lost it to ballistic soccer moms. BTW, the park district (i.e the TAXPAYERS) absorbed the $60,000 per year for the soccer insurance.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Why don't you run for office?

Of course, then you would have to kick in your own door in the middle of the night....

;)

Reply to
shreadvector

The local talk radio show is on the air right now about the field being lost to soccer pirates. Listen in:

Dori Monson is the host.

steve

shreadvector wrote:

Reply to
default

Odd that they didn't have an appreciation for rocketry.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

is soccer communistic ? if so... then... well ???

Reply to
AlMax

or use the Jedi mind trick on the leaders of soccer moms to tell them to go elsewhere...

-- TAI FU

Tai Fu

Most soccer fields are PUBLIC land.

Respect the wishes of the minorities.

Rocketeers. 4500 worldwide in NAR/TRA.

THAT's a minority.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

as usual you got the facts and figures wrong: its more like 8000... and its not an NAR/TRA thing only..there are millions of people who fly model rockets in public parks that are not nar/tra members......

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Here it's the other way around. The soccer group was farsighted enough to buy and slowly develop 17 acres in an area where an acre now exceeds $100,000.......but when you have 1200 families it's not that hard to come up with say $12,000 overnight......its just a $10 field surcharge. There's power with numbers and rocketry ain't got em.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy