mythbusters at it again

this time they made a hybrid that was at least ten feet tall and weighed two hundred pounds and they made it from common plumbing supplies it took two days to make from scratch and used no2 and parrafinwax

Reply to
Bubs

And then what? Did they light it?

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

Yeah, indoors.

Quite spectacular...

It was on last Wednesday.

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Twice, one test firing, done indoors(big mistake). The second firing was the launch itself, which was successful.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

and I say, I say again sometimes them boys and girls are as sharp as the leading edge of a bowling ball.

Reply to
nitram578

So what myth were they trying to prove or bust with this one?

=EF=A3=BF

Reply to
raydunakin

From das website:

"Episode 40: Confederate Rocket The American Civil War was fought with bayonets, muskets and cannons. But was that all? Not according to the MythBusters. So Adam, Jamie and the build team join forces to find out if the Confederate Army had a secret deadly weapon ? the world's first long-range missile, which according to rumor, was launched from Richmond, Va., and aimed at the White House over 100 miles away. premiere: Oct. 26, 2005"

Oh yeah? 0xDEADBEEF

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Trying to re-create a civil war era myth about a confederate, liquid fueled 100+ mile range missile.

The myth was busted.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Ok, I watched and was entertained but never ever thought any such rocket could have existed 150 years ago. Not even McGiver could have improvised it. This one doesn't even qualify as a myth.

Randy

<randyolb

I knew that rocket would not go much of anywhere, but I was wondering why they were testing a 120 mile myth probably a lot less than 120 miles from a major metro area.

Of course, I'm sure they also knew it wouldn't go anywhere close to 120 miles too.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

That was just good TV!