Rocket Hard Drive

Be sure and click on the Video Highlight!!!

Augusto Salaris

And, of course, the sad part is that the page is also an ad for the Estes Blast-off pack, and will take you right to the Estes website to order one...

David Erbas-White

Augusto Salaris wrote:

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Failing that, use thermite:

Chris Dunkinson

Yes, but the video was mildy amusing :)

Reply to
M'Kel

-Kruce Belly

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

believe it or not, thats what the CIA use to destroy sensitive data should one of their data storage devices fall into the wrong hands...

Reply to
tai fu

"unscrewed" is about right

- iz

Chris Dunk> Augusto Salaris wrote:

Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

problem is, that its not too hard for the authorities to find a harddrive that has rocketed out... now if you can get it to rocket out and then blow it up at altitudes... that might be something. but seems like it makes far more sense to use the rocket's exhaust to cut through the harddrive, probably wont happen since those steel blast deflectors seems to hold up pretty well...

Reply to
tai fu

"This tape will self destruct in 5 seconds. Good luck Jim!"

Bob Kaplow

"Also, we wanted to take this outside to get plenty of ventilation. (One of the chemicals in thermite is a known carcinogen if inhaled in large amounts.)"

Say what?

"Plus, we haven't a clue as to how many more cancer-causing vapors are released from the melting remnants of a hard drive."

I'd worry more about the plastic case...

Bob Kaplow

I never thought of using those as blast deflectors... and I have access to so many old 250mb HDs...

Time for some testing...

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

this is just plain stupid..... shockie B)

shockwaveriderz

Naw, just use an encryption scheme such that the whole disk looks like white noise unless the user has the correct brain chip installed...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Kim Possible? ; )