Rocket launches in the UK (May 1,2)

Looks like I'm headed for England in for a week for business. I'm hoping to have the following Saturday and sunday (May 1,2) free.

If there is a resonable chance of a rocket launch that weekend I'd hat to miss it.

My travel will take me to a town called 'Telford' and I could be anywhere between there and London for that weekend.

George Rachor

-- ========================================================= George L. Rachor Jr. snipped-for-privacy@rachors.com Hillsboro, Oregon http:rachors.com United States of America Amateur Radio : KD7DCX

Reply to
George Rachor

"Big EARS" is the 1st & 2nd of May. More info here:

between there and London for that weekend.

Elsworth, where the event is to be held, is in Cambridgeshire, which is closer to London than Telford. But even from Telford it's only about 120 miles.

See you there!

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Hi George. I am in Telford and may be popping down to Cambridge for one of the days. Maybe we could do something. John.

anywhere between there and London for that weekend.

Reply to
John

between there and London for that weekend.

Just to follow up... George made it to our event on the Saturday.

It was great to meet you George and I hope you enjoyed your experience of a rocket event on this side of the pond. (I hope you made it to Hamleys OK on Sunday ;0) )

Sadly the weather didnt play ball and it was a bit overcast with a ceiling of around 1000ft which limited the flights a little. Sunday was brighter and a lot more flighs were made. Check out a.b.m.r for some videos of other flights. Some of the more memorable events were a rather spectacular K flight airframe failure and two UKRA motor class altitude records, pending verification, for J and H motors for EARS member Ady Waters.

Cheers Mike 8-{>

EARS Secretary

Reply to
Mike Roberts