ROL NEWS--CP Technologies Motor Class

In this case, I never said I _did_ know. What I said was that I didn't see how it could be, and until now no one presented any evidence to the contrary.

Reply to
RayDunakin

My dream is to watch an arguement betewwn John DeMar and Ray Dunakin. A fight for the mental and intellectual low ground.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

None that you recognized.

Reply to
John DeMar

Reply to
RayDunakin

What they can do is mathematically and statistically determinable. What you know as an initial condition is that they indeed shrapnel rather than any other of several failure modes. That alone makes it incompatible with the consumer safety codes.

Too bad too because it is dirt cheap.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I have tried to find the NFPA 112X standards on-line with little luck. Snippets, but nothing substantial.

Are the actual NFPA 112X requirements avaialble anywhere other than nfpa.org for several hundred dollars?

I thought laws were suppossed to be public domain.

Reply to
Gary

They are payware and available from NARTS for something like $20 each.

And when you buy,receive and readthem you will soon see how big a pile of flotsum they are.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You can purchase individual codes for much less. And the code is a copyrighted work available only through the code organization.

Apparantly not. Texas requires copies be made available unless it is of a commercially published work.

This is an example of government entities (cities usually) transfering costs. The city in essence makes a deal with the code organization so that the city does not have to pay someone to write their building codes. As a result you can't get a copy from the city (at most you can view the one copy they have available) but must pay through the nose to someone like NFPA.

NFPA 1122 $23.50 (13 pages) NFPA 1125 $27.75 NFPA 1127 $23.50 (14 pages)

Prices from the online NFPA catalog.

You can view some of the reports from the committee at:

But be warned that the drafts you see are not close to the final document. NFPA 1127 got mangled so badly that it took me forever to finally locate where they put the safe distance requirement for filling vented flight cylinders. I had started to think that it hadn't really made it.

Reply to
David Schultz

What? Are you from Missouri or something? ;)

-John

Reply to
John DeMar

Oo, Oo, Oo, I want to "show him!"