Patriot Act Used Against Vegas Club Owner

Compliments of Matt Drudge:
"The investigation of strip club owner Michael Galardi and numerous politicians appears to be the first time federal authorities have used
the Patriot Act in a public corruption probe.
Government officials said Tuesday they knew of no other instances in which federal agents investigating allegations such as racketeering and bribery of politicians have employed the act.
"I don't know that it's been used in a public corruption case before this," said Mark Corallo, a spokesman for the Justice Department."
<http://reviewjournal.printthis.clickability.com/pt/cpt?action=cpt&expire=&urlID 64533&fb=Y&partnerIDV5>
Watch the wrap.
I always thought the image of a "loose cannon" was pretty powerful - imagine yourself on an old man-0'-war in a storm and one of those cannons breaks loose from its retaining ropes and starts rolling all over the deck you're standing on.
Brad Hitch
snipped-for-privacy@tda.com says...

And he also says: "I think most of the American people think the Patriot Act is a good thing and it's not affecting their civil liberties at all, and that the government should use any constitutional and legal tools it can, whether it's going after garden-variety criminals or terrorists."
Great. Just great.
--
Kurt Kesler

40,000 Americans are injured by toilets each year. No wonder something