Bachmann Patriot

Eat your heart out diesel lovers, got the new Patriot in LMS crimson lake today (thanks John). Gave it a quick run and may be a bit light (esp tender)
but am I right in thinking Bachmann have reduced the top speed of this and the Jubilee from scale 100's mph to more realisti level ?
cheers, Simon
"simon" wrote

I can't answer that simon, but Patriots were never 100mph locos. My guess is the new model may be slightly 'tight' and will loosen and quicken after running in.
John.

Thanks is on its turn now. Not a problem if they have - in fact a benefit as reins in the speed fiend in us.
Cheers, Simon
: <snip> : Thanks is on its turn now. Not a problem if they have - in fact a benefit as : reins in the speed fiend in us.
...whilst it often improves haulage capacity and slow running qualities.
--
Wikipedia: the Internet equivalent of
Hyde Park and 'speakers corner'...

Yep always run in all newly gotton locos as a matter of course but never really noticed much of a differnce until this one. Definatetly increased its speed without controller change after only a few minutes.
thanks, Simon