sea launch and recovery

For those on an island or places where land is limited, ever thought of a beach launch and sea recovery where the rocket is made waterproof and it would land in the sea, then some crew on a boat would go and pick it up (has to have GPS beacon so you can find it)

Or even launch off of a ship or something....

Reply to
tai fu

beach launch and sea recovery where the rocket is made waterproof and it would land in the sea, then some crew on a boat would go and pick it up (has to have GPS beacon so you can find it)

Jim

A few years ago, the University High School students here in Orlando built a large rocket that was launched a couple of times at Walt Disney World's Epcot and recovered by boat in the theme park's World Showcase Lagoon. I don't think they did anything specific to waterproof the rocket since it was recovered quickly after each launch.

-- Roger

Reply to
Roger Smith

=_NextPart_000_0046_01C6A810.35497EF0

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

The Rockets for Schools launches in Sheboygan do just that.

Like Trip Barber did off his Navy ship?

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Not sea launched but planned recovery was the River Danube

Reply to
Damian Burrin

launch and sea recovery where the rocket is made waterproof and it would land in the sea, then some crew on a boat would go and pick it up (has to have GPS beacon so you can find it)

I've thought of ocean launching but, I don't want to buy a boat. Boating makes rocketry look cheap

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein