Semi OT: The Columbia Accident Investigation Report V. 1 and Supplemental Materials

Barnes and Noble had a section dedicated to the Columbia astronauts. There was the book about Husband by Husband's wife, Mrs. Husband. (Sorry, couldn't resist.) There was a book about the last flight, some other things, and the CAIB report.

The report is an interesting read so far. It starts out with a chapter on the evolution of the space shuttle program, covers the accident, and then goes into why the accident happened.

The CD-Rom included includes documents and videos.

As someone with a life-long interest in the space program, I'm glad I picked it up.

I just wish it had never been a reason to publish it.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

I also recommend a book called "Comm Check" It is the only book that I agreed to be interviewed for. I know of several others within NASA that did the same. I have read it and it is very good.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

My book from long ago is:

Prescription for disaster copyright 1987.

byline: from the glory of apollo to the betrayal of the shuttle.

Author, Joseph J. Trento

/ArtU

Reply to
ArtU